GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf gti mk7 APR stage 1 must get!!!

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I don't think APR has program changing for Mk7 yet anyway so to get "back to stock" you actually have to drive to a tuner and get flashed back to stock, thus removing the tune entirely.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I don't think APR has program changing for Mk7 yet anyway so to get "back to stock" you actually have to drive to a tuner and get flashed back to stock, thus removing the tune entirely.

This. Although it wont entirely remove the tune. They just have to manually switch for now. I believe the only available tune ATM with program switching is GIAC. However GIAC numbers seem weak... well that is compared to Uni and APR.

But OP, GREAT dyno numbers!

Terra

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm talking about facts not my opinion...
APR dealer reflashed ECU to stock and I requested to my VW dealer to execute a complete car diagnostic. After few minutes the result: "There is not suspect for this car".
For me it's fine and I'm very happy with my GTI APR tuned!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
He reflashed back to stock map at the APR dealer. Read the post again. :)

ElectricEye said APR has a stock mode which was his response to my post about flashing back to stock when visiting the dealer.

I said stock mode is not the same as flashing back to stock.

Terra said its the same. My response was smply to explain that it's not.

I didn't see the part where Terra flashed back to stock in his post. I apologize.

Last edited:

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
This. Although it wont entirely remove the tune. They just have to manually switch for now. I believe the only available tune ATM with program switching is GIAC. However GIAC numbers seem weak... well that is compared to Uni and APR.

But OP, GREAT dyno numbers!

Wont remove the tune entirely? I thought flashing back to stock DOES remove the tune. All the stuff about copying flash counters and what not...

Last edited:

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Wont remove the tune entirely? I thought flashing back to stock DOES remove the tune. All the stuff about copying flash counters and what not...

Oh I'm sorry. I see what you mean. I meant that it's not like removing the tune once and for all. Where to get it again you have to repurchase it. But that's not what you meant, and pretty obvious anyways. Haha brain fart.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
You don't have to purchase it again if you get the car flashed back to stock. The shop may charge you a labor fee for flashing, but APR doesn't charge for the tune again if that ECU previously had their tune on it.

oehawks3

Ready to race!
You don't have to purchase it again if you get the car flashed back to stock. The shop may charge you a labor fee for flashing, but APR doesn't charge for the tune again if that ECU previously had their tune on it.
If your APR dealer charges you for a flash through a OBDII port you need to find another shop. It takes 15 min

Irishace

Ready to race!
I'm talking about facts not my opinion...
APR dealer reflashed ECU to stock and I requested to my VW dealer to execute a complete car diagnostic. After few minutes the result: "There is not suspect for this car".
For me it's fine and I'm very happy with my GTI APR tuned!

What in god's green earth does "There is not suspect for this car" mean?

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion

That's what I was trying to say. Worded that badly. I can't write too good!! Lol