GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Alltrack on UK VW Site

James75

Go Kart Champion
Golf Alltrack now on UK Website - I think they are still finalising some of the details but i notice it's also available to order at Online Brokers

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/golf-estate-vii/configure/engine/2149/2150

It's expensive but I do like it, wonder if it is more style over substance which may be no bad thing.

GTD Engine also available in DSG only form, I think outside the UK they offer the 1.8 Petrol.

Thoughts?

James

nv1r

Ready to race!
Golf has gone into beast mode!

I really like it, its a shame that the GTD engine is DSG though. I assume thats probably to do with the way they're doing the 4MOTION system. It looks really good - I think I prefer this to the Audi Allroad series.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just down to marketing as to what gearboxes are made in the estate, I mean R estate is DSG only (also Germany) & hatch is in both manual & DSG..............

James75

Go Kart Champion
I liked the Passat Alltrack. I guess these cars are more style than substance but I really like the Golf Alltrack. Just looks good to me. I'd probably stick with the 150 Diesel with manual though 184 DSG will be a lovely drive. My understand is that there is an extra profile setting - so it can be set for 'off-road' driving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essjay

Ready to race!
I've been waiting for this since it was first outed last year, and had my heart set on the advertised 1.8Tsi version. So, no sign of it on the configurator. Have they dropped the petrol version? I hope not :(

Edit: even the website still lists the 1.8TSI

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/about-us/news/621

Last edited:

Essjay

Ready to race!
Ok, so just spoke to the local dealer, and VW, in their ultimate wisdom have decided not to sell the petrol version in this country. That's a bummer for me, as I dont do enough milage to justify an oil burner, and possibly a big mistake by them. I reckon a petrol version would have filled a much needed gap between the three announced diseasels. :(

James75

Go Kart Champion
Take a look at the Seat Leon X-Experience. Same car underneath - big discounts available through a broker and I think 1.8 is being offered.

Essjay

Ready to race!
James, I did look at the Seat, but unfortunately again diesel only.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Ah okay - I must have been looking at the regular Leon ST, sorry. I did manage to find a 6k discount on a top spec factory ordered X-Periemce. Shame about the 1.8 TSI not being offered on the Golf.

James75

Go Kart Champion