GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting intermittent cruise control icon with exclamation point after O2 SW flash

DJK_GTI

Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
My 2019 never had this error until the SW upgrade. I have seen it mentioned online, but haven't seen any fixes. My car has been back to the dealer numerous times, but they have been unable to repair it. It only ever occurs on startup, and is fixed temporarily by restarting the engine. Anyone have experience in actually fixing this issue? There are no error faults created. Thanks

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum.

What is the SW upgrade? If it's something that's not necessary can it be reverted back?

DJK_GTI

Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI

ECM service campaign Action Code 24FX They say it is not possible to revert it back to the previous flash. That would certainly be a helpful thing to try. My guess is the the new flash must be monitoring something other than the mentioned O2 sensor differently.

DJK_GTI

Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
I explained to them that this error never occurred one time before the software upgrade. I said they need to go to somebody in Germany that knows what other than the O2 sensor diagnostics has changed in the software package. I told him it seems pretty unlikely that we would have coincidental hardware failures on the day after they did the software upgrade. They claim to have it escalated to the highest level; if true, pretty disappointing. They seem to be guessing. Replaced the start/stop switch assembly, the steering wheel cruise switches, and the steering wheel switch interface board, and just a few days ago, the shifter assembly (!).

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
That is frustrating. I’d ask them to have someone else do the flash again

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG

cb1111

I have the same issue. Started the day after having the 24FX update done. Posted it here:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...n-action-code-24fx.383309/page-2#post-7625342
The manual calls it a cruise control system malfunction. Says to have the system checked.
My dealer scanned the vehicle and found no codes in ACC. Stated the vehicle was operating as it should. I filed a complaint with NHTSA in August.
You'll also want to file a written (not email) complaint with VWoA

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have the same issue. Started the day after having the 24FX update done. Posted it here:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...n-action-code-24fx.383309/page-2#post-7625342
The manual calls it a cruise control system malfunction. Says to have the system checked.
My dealer scanned the vehicle and found no codes in ACC. Stated the vehicle was operating as it should. I filed a complaint with NHTSA in August.
So what was the outcome or are you still in the process?

lplim

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 GTI (LB9Z)
'19 GTI DSG Here. Never had problems previously until 24FX Update. I am now getting intermittent CC Error (which goes away upon further restart).

Question for all - do you have any specific VAGCOM/OBDEleven Coding done previously? A part of me feels that the things we've coded in the past may have changed currently (I'm new to VAGCOM, so excuse my ignorance if my assumptions are faulty).

I have a few things done such as:
- Golf R Traction System Sequence
- Responsive Throttle Response (I will try reverting this)

Can anyone confirm before I make any changes?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Great question as to whether VCDS/OBDeleven/Carista changes could be a culprit here.

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
I think so but I’ve never actually tried it. It’s supposed to make the gas pedal act like sport mode in all modes.

There’s also the one which just has to be a placebo effect, where you change a setting in the steering called Driving Profile Switchover or something.