GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel leak problem - Need help and advice

ahbib

This morning I went to fill up gas on my 2018 VW Golf GTI Autobahn.

The pump kept stopping like it's full not even close to being full. Tried to get just enough to drive for the day which I did.

Now I park it at home at the end of the day, and I see and smell fuel leaking in a stream from the back of my car. Steady for a bit, then dripping, now I think it stopped completely.

I'm in shock, what the heck has happened!?! It's in mint condition. I have 114000 km on it.
Out of warranty.

I have parked my vehicle outside for safety.

I'm in Canada by the way.

Need your help and guidance as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
This morning I went to fill up gas on my 2018 VW Golf GTI Autobahn.

The pump kept stopping like it's full not even close to being full. Tried to get just enough to drive for the day which I did.

Now I park it at home at the end of the day, and I see and smell fuel leaking in a stream from the back of my car. Steady for a bit, then dripping, now I think it stopped completely.

I'm in shock, what the heck has happened!?! It's in mint condition. I have 114000 km on it.
Out of warranty.

I have parked my vehicle outside for safety.

I'm in Canada by the way.

Need your help and guidance as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone.
Had this happen on the 1.8. Took it to Stinson automotive, got a used tank, with labour it was around 800, two years ago. Good luck.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
If you top off- I recommend stopping. A lot of issues with filling seem to come from regularly topping off when filling - continuing to fill that little extra bit after the pump auto shuts off. Seems to cause issues with the charcoal canister or filler neck

Last edited: