GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: OEM Suspension Part-Out

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Time to get rid of all of this old stuff now that I've begun to finalize my suspension setup. All mileage is 11,580 except the R springs, which is likely in the 10,000 range.

All items are not including shipping.
If anything is still listed here it is still for sale. I'll update if I ever get rid of them.

Golf R springs (You can expect 0" difference from stock R front / +0.29" difference from stock R rear for GTI (-0.1"/+0.2"), +0.35"/+0.47" (-0.1"/+0") for Golf, 0.31"/-0.09" (-0.2"/-0.6") for GSW, 0.22"/-0.27" (-0.3"/-0.7") for GSW-4M): $25 (Sold)

Golf TSI springs: $20
Golf TSI front shocks: $25
Golf TSI front sway bar links: $5
Golf TSI front shock mounts: $5 (Sold)
Golf TSI rear shocks + bump stops + covers: $20
Golf TSI rear sway bar: $25

All prices are negotiable, but everything must be bought in pairs. Local pickup in new mexico if you're one of the two people who live here.

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just curious. Did you ever have the golf r springs on?
Assumed they wouldn't work well because of different weight distribution.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I did put them on for a while, and they worked fine except for lifting the car a bit. The balance is actually pretty similar because the AWD system of the Golf R has heavy parts in both the front and rear. For reference the spring rates for the golf R are 195 lb/in front, 245 lb/in rear, and the base golf springs are 130 lb/in front, 165 lb/in rear.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Interesting.Def don't want a lift

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Did the golf R springs raise the back as well or just the front? How much higher was it?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
bump

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
bump (updated)

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Bump. These are still sitting around in my garage, and they've got nowhere else to go but out to someone who needs a cheap OEM replacement.

Also, I redid the math on the R springs again. This time it's relative to a stock Golf R, which is supposedly ~0.1" lower than a stock GTI and ~0.5" lower than a stock golf. I'd need exact numbers on the Golf R's height at each corner, but it seems to match up with what I found while they were on my car. This means it will probably lower the rear of a GSW about 0.6", whereas there was roughly no change to the rear of my car, and it would raise the rear of a GTI ~0.2". To be honest I don't really know why I didn't do it this way from the begining.

Last edited:

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
Bump. These are still sitting around in my garage, and they've got nowhere else to go but out to someone who needs a cheap OEM replacement.

Also, I redid the math on the R springs again. This time it's relative to a stock Golf R, which is supposedly ~0.1" lower than a stock GTI and ~0.5" lower than a stock golf. I'd need exact numbers on the Golf R's height at each corner, but it seems to match up with what I found while they were on my car. This means it will probably lower the rear of a GSW about 0.75", whereas there was roughly no change to the rear of my car, and it would raise the rear of a GTI ~0.2". To be honest I don't really know why I didn't do it this way from the begining.

Do you know how much the front and rear weights are on a Golf R? I am interested in these springs for my AWD GSW DSG. Do you have any pictures of the Golf R springs?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
According to Car and Driver the R is 1964 lbs front, 1365 lbs rear (I assume with a person in the driver's seat). That's v.s. their reported 1878 lbs front, 1453 lbs rear for the Golf Sportwagen 4 motion. I noticed that I made a mistake specifically regarding that above and updated it.

4MotionWagen

Ready to race!
According to Car and Driver the R is 1964 lbs front, 1365 lbs rear (I assume with a person in the driver's seat). That's v.s. their reported 1878 lbs front, 1453 lbs rear for the Golf Sportwagen 4 motion. I noticed that I made a mistake specifically regarding that above and updated it.

Can you give me a quote to 48329 zip code? I will take them.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Stock is 6mm and the TT is 12mm. This is what all of the GSW guys did to use gti/golf spring sets on their cars before there were dedicated GSW springs available. Nuespeed actually gives you thicker pads with there GSW springs. It should work the same for you if you have sag in the rear. The R springs are a great upgrade for cheap on your car. I'm doing gti springs on mine. I got the TT pads as well. Just haven't had the time yet to do it. Post pics when you're done

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Bump. These are still sitting around and probably will be indefinitely. If anyone needs to return to stock, this is the place to look. I also added my old Rear Sway Bar.