GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

FS: JB4 AFR Harness - Avoid Posi-Tapping Your OEM Harness!

burgerkong

Ready to race!
Hey all,

I am in the process of making some harnesses for the JB4 that avoids having to tap into your stock harness - 100% reversible/undetectable! They are made using OEM connectors (albeit black instead of grey as those are in very limited supplies). Will come taped like stock harnesses, as well as have a bare wire pigtail with a genuine Posi-Lock connector which makes a weathertight seal with the blue AFR wire coming out of your JB4.

Professional crimped terminals and black wires used! No more poking holes in insulation and lowering the lifespan of your wiring!

Looking at $50USD shipped in NA!

In your PMs/emails to me, please tell me the year and model of your vehicle, plus visually confirm on your vehicle the type of plug on your O2 sensor harness - THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PRE-2019 AND POST-2019!

Last edited:

JS12

Ready to race!
Can I ask a crazy question Why doesn’t Burger do this to begin with?? I always thought having to tap a wire seems like a stupid idea!
I recall in some thread that they couldn’t buy that connector in the bulk quantity needed to ensure they’d have enough for all future production.

I’d totally buy this if I didn’t already bite the bullet with the tap.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
sorry to break it to everyone if your doing this for warranty concerns , if you ecu gets inspected by VW they will find a odd values associated with the Jb4 anyways so they will catch you.... you think they want to pay out claims lol.

Idream2.0speed

Very nice! I think a lot of peeps will enjoy this. I've heard unless you blow your engine then the VW nerds won't go digging that much and even then it's challenging to prove. Now just need to get rid of the firewall penetration.

Cheers

burgerkong

Ready to race!
sorry to break it to everyone if your doing this for warranty concerns , if you ecu gets inspected by VW they will find a odd values associated with the Jb4 anyways so they will catch you.... you think they want to pay out claims lol.
Uh what? You aren't modifying anything in regards to the ECU, it intercepts a signal. It doesn't write to the ECU, how will they find odd values?

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
Uh what? You aren't modifying anything in regards to the ECU, it intercepts a signal. It doesn't write to the ECU, how will they find odd values?
my understanding is that theirs sensors in the engine from fuel to air , that record the flow of gas/air. If you blow an engine VW will dig through your ECU maybe something smaller they won’t care but when corporate comes they dig. The harness still has a purpose no wire tapping, so all good there.

George Smooth

Go Kart Champion
Hey all,

I am in the process of making some harnesses for the JB4 that avoids having to tap into your stock harness - 100% reversible/undetectable! They are made using OEM connectors (albeit black instead of grey as those are in very limited supplies). Will come taped like stock harnesses, as well as have a bare wire pigtail with a genuine Posi-Seal connector which makes a weathertight seal with the blue AFR wire coming out of your JB4.

Professional crimped terminals and black wires used! No more poking holes in insulation and lowering the lifespan of your wiring!

Looking at $50USD shipped in NA!

They will be ready in a couple weeks, this is just so I can gauge how much I need to make.

EDIT: I have been asked to show a pic of it. It's just smoke and shredded wires ATM, so I can offer this:

Do the black ones have the opening for the tab that the grey one has that makes it unique?