GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: JB4 AFR Harness - Avoid Posi-Tapping Your OEM Harness!

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Hey all,

I am in the process of making some harnesses for the JB4 that avoids having to tap into your stock harness - 100% reversible/undetectable! They are made using OEM connectors (albeit black instead of grey as those are in very limited supplies). Will come taped like stock harnesses (with high temperature genuine Tesa tape), as well as have a bare wire pigtail with a genuine Posi-Lock connector which makes a weathertight seal with the blue AFR wire coming out of your JB4.

Professionally crimped terminals and black wires (high temp GXL spec) used! No more poking holes in insulation and lowering the lifespan of your wiring!

Looking at $40USD shipped in NA!

In your PMs/emails to me, please tell me the year and model of your vehicle, plus visually confirm on your vehicle the type of plug on your O2 sensor harness - THEY ARE NOT THE SAME PRE-2019 AND POST-2019!

1645415435256.png

274304144_10166485793350355_2907429324528727380_n.jpg

Last edited:

JS12

Ready to race!
Can I ask a crazy question Why doesn’t Burger do this to begin with?? I always thought having to tap a wire seems like a stupid idea!

I recall in some thread that they couldn’t buy that connector in the bulk quantity needed to ensure they’d have enough for all future production.

I’d totally buy this if I didn’t already bite the bullet with the tap.

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
sorry to break it to everyone if your doing this for warranty concerns , if you ecu gets inspected by VW they will find a odd values associated with the Jb4 anyways so they will catch you.... you think they want to pay out claims lol.

Idream2.0speed

Very nice! I think a lot of peeps will enjoy this. I've heard unless you blow your engine then the VW nerds won't go digging that much and even then it's challenging to prove. Now just need to get rid of the firewall penetration.

Cheers

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
sorry to break it to everyone if your doing this for warranty concerns , if you ecu gets inspected by VW they will find a odd values associated with the Jb4 anyways so they will catch you.... you think they want to pay out claims lol.

Uh what? You aren't modifying anything in regards to the ECU, it intercepts a signal. It doesn't write to the ECU, how will they find odd values?

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
+1, I’m in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk