Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Thanks,
Got the Homelink Mirror, looking forward to a warm weekend and a quickie install.
But,
Any idea why the Homelink Mirror has 3 spades in it's connector, and just 2 in the official cable?
The official cable, 625-1230-000 , has just 2 wires. I didn't see any crossovers in the cable plug
It's entirely self contained, needing only mains (12v) power.
It there anything else besides Garage Remote, Auto Dimming, and compass it can do?

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Thanks,
Got the Homelink Mirror, looking forward to a warm weekend and a quickie install.
But,
Any idea why the Homelink Mirror has 3 spades in it's connector, and just 2 in the official cable?
The official cable, 625-1230-000 , has just 2 wires. I didn't see any crossovers in the cable plug
It's entirely self contained, needing only mains (12v) power.
It there anything else besides Garage Remote, Auto Dimming, and compass it can do?
I have no idea what any of that means lol. I had no issues with the homelink remote, auto dimming or compass and didn't think it could do anything beyond those functions.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
How long did you have the hatch pop kit installed?

Is it just the vent mount, or is the magnet with it?

I'll take the mount. I can pick it up, local to Long Beach, but I can meet you somewhere.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
@StorableComa - I purchased the hatch kit in 2020 and installed sometime in 2021 so about a year or so. The strut is still very very strong. You wouldn't be able to slam it shut in one motion unless you're a beast of a man. Vent will come with the magnet attached to it but feel free to take it off if you want. You'd have to come to me to pick it up or wait 4 months for when I take my son for his biannual check-up in Long Beach.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
@StorableComa - I purchased the hatch kit in 2020 and installed sometime in 2021 so about a year or so. The strut is still very very strong. You wouldn't be able to slam it shut in one motion unless you're a beast of a man. Vent will come with the magnet attached to it but feel free to take it off if you want. You'd have to come to me to pick it up or wait 4 months for when I take my son for his biannual check-up in Long Beach.
I can probably meet with you this weekend if you're free. I've got pretty open days lately, so just shoot me a PM if you've got some availability. No rush, not going to make you run out now for a $20 dollar mount. :p

May hold off on the hatch kit for now, but interested. I'll let you know before we meet if I decide to take it too. Don't hold it on my account though, if someone wants it before then let them have it.

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
I have no idea what any of that means lol. I had no issues with the homelink remote, auto dimming or compass and didn't think it could do anything beyond those functions.
No worries.
Basically, the mirror connector has 3 wires, and the cable only has 2 wires for power.
Kinda confusing, they reuse the design for many cars, probably a leftover option :unsure:(y)(y)

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
No worries.
Basically, the mirror connector has 3 wires, and the cable only has 2 wires for power.
Kinda confusing, they reuse the design for many cars, probably a leftover option :unsure:(y)(y)
Gotcha. K well hopefully everything works out. It worked perfectly fine for the short period of time I had it on my car.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I can probably meet with you this weekend if you're free. I've got pretty open days lately, so just shoot me a PM if you've got some availability. No rush, not going to make you run out now for a $20 dollar mount. :p

May hold off on the hatch kit for now, but interested. I'll let you know before we meet if I decide to take it too. Don't hold it on my account though, if someone wants it before then let them have it.
Sounds good. I mean shipping is probably more cost effective for you for a $20 mount. Might be different if you want to hatch pop kit though cuz I can't find a reasonably sized box for it. Either way, lmk. I'm good this weekend if you want to pick it up.

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
Seems like they changed the base a little from your mk7 to my 2019 mk7.5.
Oddly enough, looks like I have to swap spring clips.
How tight was it on your windshield mount?
I hate those little black cover pieces!!!! Cover removal was the most difficult part!!