GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Alcantara wrapped Steering Wheel Swap

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Seems like they changed the base a little from your mk7 to my 2019 mk7.5.
Oddly enough, looks like I have to swap spring clips.
How tight was it on your windshield mount?
I hate those little black cover pieces!!!! Cover removal was the most difficult part!!
Admittedly, I broke some tabs on my black trim piece out of frustration. It definitely took some work to get it seated correctly but I finally got it clipped in after about 30 minutes of cussing and sweat lol.

Michael gti07

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Rabbit Cornflowerblu
It's in!
Got it installed, will run the wiring when it warms up, -snowed today, and I'm still parking in the driveway.
Kinda worried about pulling the interior covers without a warm day, probably just paranoid.
Swapping to the oem spring did the trick. The Homelink spring was bent just enough to prevent the stop lock above the power connector from engaging.
I gotta buy some picks, or make some flat hooks from scavenged wiper blades. Next time I may just pull the overhead console 1st, and work my way forward......

Attachments

• 20220403_210602[1].jpg
    20220403_210602[1].jpg
    983.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20220403_210745[1].jpg
    20220403_210745[1].jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 45

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
It's in!
Got it installed, will run the wiring when it warms up, -snowed today, and I'm still parking in the driveway.
Kinda worried about pulling the interior covers without a warm day, probably just paranoid.
Swapping to the oem spring did the trick. The Homelink spring was bent just enough to prevent the stop lock above the power connector from engaging.
I gotta buy some picks, or make some flat hooks from scavenged wiper blades. Next time I may just pull the overhead console 1st, and work my way forward......
Good stuff dude! Glad to hear it worked out for you.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Next in line For the hatch pop kit. PM me if others back out.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
PM incoming

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Is the wheel DSG or manual? By the looks of the pics it's for a manual but want to confirm.