GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Front Assist" Goes On Strike

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
A dash warning appeared telling me that front assist was unavailable. My service shop will be diagnosing the system later this week. The service writer mentioned running into an electrical fault that began with this same front assist warning light that later morphed into an electrical problem with the DSG shifter assembly. :confused: Oh boy, sounds like fun doesn't it? I'll post updates.

RigWig

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had this twice now but both times were in pretty heavy rain and then went off after a restart. Does the system not re enable for you at all?

adam1991

Banned
I've had it happen 3 or 4 times at random, in the middle of the day, on an empty city artery with no other cars around.

The alert comes on, and then 5 seconds later goes off. No restart required.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Thing is that system shuts down with any other problem that uses it for safety reasons.

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
The service shop determined that the sensor mounted in the center of the front bumper had been knocked out of position and needed to be re-aligned.

The job took about 1 hour and I got the car back the same morning. Unfortunately it cost $130. Still, it's a happier scenario than I expected. My paranoid self expected some back-ordered part and two weeks wait.

The tech said the sensor is ridiculously vulnerable. I concur.