GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Free 6MT mod (part deux): clutch pedal spring removal

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Just did this, had my car since April 2017, wow watch a difference. I now feel like I have sport mode on for my pedal pushes. Easy todo, pedal tracks my foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Just did this mod about 5 minutes ago. Took all of 1 minute to do with just my fingers and wow what a great mod. The clutch engagement point is more defined and the clutch pedal feels heavier now, which I prefer.

Is the GTI lettering on the steering wheel red from factory on the 17+ gti’s or is that a Mod you’ve done yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
After owning the car for 4 years, and reading about this "mod" for about the last 3 years, I literally just got up from my desk and took it out.
Looking forward to my drive home from work to see if it actually makes a big difference.
Observations from the parking lot: Pedal weight feels the same, but it does seem to have better feedback when dis-engaging.
And yeah took less than 30 seconds and no tools.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Meh.
I think it's a bit better.
Didn't really drive the car hard so I can't say for sure how much better it actually is, but it does seem a little better.
Worth the 30 seconds it to take it out I suppose...

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
Unfortunately I didn't notice much of a difference other than the pedal being slightly heavier. Pedal feel is still vague. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm assuming the delay valve is the key culprit to how weird this clutch is.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Unfortunately I didn't notice much of a difference other than the pedal being slightly heavier. Pedal feel is still vague. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm assuming the delay valve is the key culprit to how weird this clutch is.
Yes get rid of the delay valve. I was shocked at how much better it behaves.