GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Looking to buy bms catch can before I go ahead and grab one new.

Waltari

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I have one I run on track days with the stock 2015 PCV and honestly, under heavy braking at the end of a long straight at PIR I still get some blow by and a bit of smoke. Usually just under the initial braking dropping from about 125-80mph, but other than that I don't see any smoke. I have a revision PCV plate I haven't installed yet, but unsure if that will fix it as some forum folks have noted they saw an improvement, some did not. I think sometimes it depends heavily on your specific driving conditions/use.

bdollazzz

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Tornado Red GTI
I didn't use it for that. I used to for my big turbo set up, but decided to go full pcv system.
What made you switch to a full system? I'm assuming because thats the only way to really fix the flawed design of the factory PCV plate?

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
I'm running high boost. Anything over 28ish psi the stock pcv is tapped

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI
That’s really interesting. I went from a CTS cc filling up every tank or less, to the bms cc and it rarely collecting much of anything.
I have the full unit, pcv plate and all. In the "winter" (Florida) I was emptying it once a week. Now that it's warmer out. I can go 2-2.5 weeks before I have to empty. Without the full unit I didn't catch anything in the BMS CC unit.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I have the full unit, pcv plate and all. In the "winter" (Florida) I was emptying it once a week. Now that it's warmer out. I can go 2-2.5 weeks before I have to empty. Without the full unit I didn't catch anything in the BMS CC unit.
Yeah I had the CTS plate also. It seems like relocating the catch can to above the power steering reservoir probably made the biggest difference (above the engine with the BMS cc, instead of below the engine with the CTS). Maybe I’m looking at catch cans all wrong since I don’t want my catch can filling up all the time? I also experience much much less smoke/ surge with the BMS cc.

Sorry for the thread jack, @nomunic