GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Found These A6? VCDS Tweaks

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Don't know if any will work on our cars. I do like the idea of auto EPB. Might have time this afternoon to play around. I have no idea what the hidden menu has.

Change the Adaptive Cruise Control Preset distance
Go to module 13 (distance regulation), then adaptation, Channel 7 and change from 0 to 1. Reboot your MMI and you will then have an option in your MMI under Car, driver assistance and Adaptive Cruise Control to set which of the 4 distances your car will default to when you activate your ACC.

IF we can get this working in the first place.
Change the speed the High Beam Assist works from / to
Go to module 20 (High Beam Assist), select adaptation, then using the drop down menu select "High beam speed threshold", change the speed it will activate to a speed of your choice. It is in KMPH and is about 60kmph as standard. Ive dropped mine to about 25 and now works much better on twisty country lanes.

Activate the hidden menu
Go to module 5F (Information Electrics), Adaptation, Channel 6 and change from 0 to 1. Save and exit. To enter the hidden menu press and hold "car" and "Menu" together for 6-8 seconds. To get out of the hidden menu, you need to restart your MMI. To do this press the top right soft key, the control knob and the menu button together briefly. BEWARE, THE BOOTLOADER MENU IN THE HIDDEN MENU WILL RUIN YOUR CAR. DO NOT MESS WITH THE HIDDEN MENU UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Activate Video in Motion
Simply follow the steps in this link. It will also generate the correct security code for you... VIM login-code generator for MMI 3G (http://trick77.com/tools/mmi3g_vimcode.php)

Automatic engagement of the parking Brake
Go to module 53 (Parking Brake) and then click on 16 - Security Access. Enter the code which your car gives you 78713 worked for me and A6 Chris.Then go to 10- Adaptation and click the drop down box at the top of the adaptation menu. Find "shift to P EPB" and set it to activated. When you now put your car in 'P', the electronic parking brake will engage automatically.

Deactivate the seatbelt warning system
If you don't want to have to fasten your seatbelt (for whatever reason) and want to disable the seatbelt warning system, go to module 17 (Instruments), then coding and long coding helper. In byte 0 there is a drop down box for the seatbelt reminder. set it to '00 Seatbelt warning inactive', close the long coding helper, press do it and your reminder is then set to off.

Change the time your heated seats change from level 3 to level 2
When you put your heated seat on full it will only stay on full power (level 3) for 10 minutes before automatically dropping to level 2. if you want to increase (or decrease) the amount of time this takes, simply go to module 08 (HVAC) and click on adaptation, then on the drop down box there is an option called 'time until heated seat stage withdrawal from 3-2' and also one for stages 2-1. Select the option and enter a new value. The preset is 10 which is 10 minutes.

Activate disc brake massage system
if your auto wipers are on and detect rain, after a preset period your brakes can automatically start to gently touch on and off of the brake discs to keep them hot and dry therefore shortening your braking distances. You won't notice this happening but when you come to brake they will be far more responsive than if they were wet. To enable this feature, click on module 03 (ABS Brakes) and click on adaptation. Then find the option of 'disc brake wiper' and set it to normal.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Just tried the auto brake. No response when selecting module 53. RT says it's in the ABS module, so I'll need to check.

Last edited: