GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forza Motorsport 7

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Anyone play? I've started racing in e-sport events with Delta Online Racing. It's really fun, even though I'm pretty darn slow compared to the pro's. I race in the Gallardo Super Cup Championship and the Supermini Championship. Will join the Touring Car races when they start up again as well.

Here's a link to the latest round of the Gallardo Cup (my first ever race with Delta). It has a pace car, parade lap, and actual commentators. You will hear my name quite a few times, mostly when they make fun of me or worry I'm going to mess up the rest of the pack. It was great fun to watch after I finished the races.

We run with full simulation damage, tire wear and fuel use. There are stewards and penalties. Clean racing is the name of the game.

Delta Gallardo Super Cup Championship Round 3: Laguna Seca USA/ROW

Normally enough people sign up that there is a A lobby and B lobby (Pro and Pro-Am). Unfortunately not enough people signed up so there was only the A lobby, which runs reverse grid for the second race.... So that was quite interesting for me.

I usually stream the events, and whenever I play after figuring out how to do it. Search for me on twitch. Races are Thursday @6 PM and Sunday @12 PM. I do suck, only been playing the game for a month now, but I'm getting way better thanks to the Delta races, and learning how to tune... and well honestly just drive and use the whole track.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
That is pretty cool I had no idea that stuff like that was going on.
I've been playing Forza since the first one, but I hardly can find the time anymore...
When my kid gets a little older I would love to build a nice "sim" set-up.
I think that would be fun for the both of us...but we all know it would be primarily for me hah.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
That is pretty cool I had no idea that stuff like that was going on.
I've been playing Forza since the first one, but I hardly can find the time anymore...
When my kid gets a little older I would love to build a nice "sim" set-up.
I think that would be fun for the both of us...but we all know it would be primarily for me hah.

There are a lot of guys in your situation who join us. It really isn't too hardcore, but there are "those guys". Mainly because in this Cup there is money involved. The Supermini cup is just for fun. In fact one guy has replicated his RL mini cooper and drives the Cup version in his sim set up, whic he has modeled after his cooper set up. It's really pretty cool. I want to get a wheel and sim set up one day.

I just joined DOR today. Changed my GT and everything. Most fun I've had playing video games since I stopped playing WoW... 3 months ago... hahaha. Been playing WoW since it first came out, and will prob resubscribe at some point. For now Forza and racing has all my attention.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I may have to check it out.
I gave up on Forza multiplayer a looooooong time ago when all it was was people slamming into you on purpose lol.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I haven't been deeply involved sinze FM4. 6 months and 3 days on the game, only 40% of races completed. What a game!

I miss the old auction house where I could tune cars for people and and make bank. The wheel stand '67 vette was the top seller tune!

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
i haven't picked up fm7 in a few weeks since fh4 came out. I've done some online enduro organized races (2.4h of lemans, etc) with full race rules as you've described. If you're still learning to tune, i recommend a tune calculator (such as forza tune 6 via google play) or similar setups. Let's you make quick tunes that you can then modify as needed.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds interesting OP - hopefully I will get to check that out one day. I've been wanting to try out the online membership for a while now. I've done online races once when they offered 3 months free - wasn't my cup of tea. Races were very hostile lol. Lately I've enjoyed sticking to a car and a track of my choice and making best passes/climbing the leaderboards. Try to at least get into top 50. Last night I fired it up for the first time in a while - had some fun dogging barrels in a Bronco. :D

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
i haven't picked up fm7 in a few weeks since fh4 came out. I've done some online enduro organized races (2.4h of lemans, etc) with full race rules as you've described. If you're still learning to tune, i recommend a tune calculator (such as forza tune 6 via google play) or similar setups. Let's you make quick tunes that you can then modify as needed.

I ended up doing just that, Forza Tune 7 was out so I picked it up. Wow it really works. Did some more research on tuning the gear ratios, next I need to figure out the small tweaks to the rest of the calculator suggestions to really mesh with my style...ability... whatever.

Sounds interesting OP - hopefully I will get to check that out one day. I've been wanting to try out the online membership for a while now. I've done online races once when they offered 3 months free - wasn't my cup of tea. Races were very hostile lol. Lately I've enjoyed sticking to a car and a track of my choice and making best passes/climbing the leaderboards. Try to at least get into top 50. Last night I fired it up for the first time in a while - had some fun dogging barrels in a Bronco. :D

Nice! Since it is a play anywhere game, I play on my PC and don't have to pay for xbox live. I do use an Elite controller however.

The Hopper lobbies are pretty crash crazy, but the Forza GT - Endurance lobby usually is much better due to running simulation damage and wear. The races take up to 30mins though, so I usually stick to practice or the class Hoppers. Need to start practicing more, but since I'm so slow in the Gallardo (avg 8 seconds off the lap pace), it's hard to stay motivated. Supermini is a blast, just finished 8th of 14 in my last race.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I've been a big fan of Forza for years now, but I've never really been one to do anything serious with it as I prefer to race the AI. I will say despite 7's bonkers car list I do kinda miss having some of the more economy-spec cars in the game. I have a lot of happy memories of hooning around with a prius in 4

Call me a casual I guess :p

Still this does sound interesting, and once my finals stop kicking me in the ass I'm definately interested in trying it out. And believe me I'll be steering clear of hyper car races, anything north of a R8 is a bit too much for me. Also good pick with the elite Wrath, it may be a bit pricey but after playing on mine for so long with it I just can't go back to using any other controller.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Nice! Since it is a play anywhere game, I play on my PC and don't have to pay for xbox live. I do use an Elite controller however.

The Hopper lobbies are pretty crash crazy, but the Forza GT - Endurance lobby usually is much better due to running simulation damage and wear. The races take up to 30mins though, so I usually stick to practice or the class Hoppers. Need to start practicing more, but since I'm so slow in the Gallardo (avg 8 seconds off the lap pace), it's hard to stay motivated. Supermini is a blast, just finished 8th of 14 in my last race.

Dang, that's awesome. Didn't know such controller existed. I'm double clutching on my regular xbox1 controller and trying not to granny shift.

Ohh.. I see, that makes sense. I'm getting back into the game now with autox in the Rivals - enjoying Lancia at the moment so one of these weekends i'll give that endurance a shot. 30 minutes isn't bad at all. My L thumb was turning purple at the tip last night after maybe an hour of dogging barrels. LOL

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
I've been a big fan of Forza for years now, but I've never really been one to do anything serious with it as I prefer to race the AI. I will say despite 7's bonkers car list I do kinda miss having some of the more economy-spec cars in the game. I have a lot of happy memories of hooning around with a prius in 4

Still this does sound interesting, and once my finals stop kicking me in the ass I'm definately interested in trying it out. And believe me I'll be steering clear of hyper car races, anything north of a R8 is a bit too much for me. Also good pick with the elite Wrath, it may be a bit pricey but after playing on mine for so long with it I just can't go back to using any other controller.

C and B classes are the most fun for me. Maybe because they're more realistic and affordable in real life.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

I ended up getting mine used from gamestop for like $120 or something. I had some credit, so total cost was $20 in the end. I've noticed my right thumbstick is loose (after 3 years of use and a very heavy hand), but I think M$ will repair it for the cost of shipping or something? I need to check with them.

C and B classes are the most fun for me. Maybe because they're more realistic and affordable in real life.

My favorite classes are C and B. R has become a favorite due to the Lambo cup, but slower cars can be very tricky. It is all about keeping your speed up through turns, and using the full width of the track. Same applies to the faster cars, but if you make a mistake, you can recover quicker.

Feel free to add me on XBL. DOR AutoFool

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I know you can get replacement parts from msoft, did it when I lost one of the paddles. Dunno about a stick replacement though, sounds a touch more in depth.

But yeah I always found myself enjoying cars within the 300-400hp power-band in most racing games I've played. Enough to pick up some good speed, but not so much that too much throttle out of a turn has you flying across the track.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I know you can get replacement parts from msoft, did it when I lost one of the paddles. Dunno about a stick replacement though, sounds a touch more in depth.

But yeah I always found myself enjoying cars within the 300-400hp power-band in most racing games I've played. Enough to pick up some good speed, but not so much that too much throttle out of a turn has you flying across the track.

I've replaced sticks on my PS4 controller, actually put XB1 sticks on it, pretty much the best PS4 controller there is now. :)

Guess I should ask them. I don't think it is the stick itself, but the mechanism it attaches to. You can pick it up to match the height of the other stick, but then it falls down. Still is able to do the down click, so I'm not too sure what going on. Doesn't seem to affect things too much, but it's kinda like N64 controllers when the thumbstick would loosen (wear).