Folding mirrors in when locked

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
No, it's pretty much instant Mark.

MarcA

Ready to race!
Anyone know if the 2.0 gt tdi has folding mirrors with lock / unlock. Picked up mine today and was sure it unfolded when I test drive it. Not doing it today. Checked the infotainment and it's enabled. If in rotate the nob the do move. Cheers

MarcA

Ready to race!
How old is the car?

Its a 2013. think I have sussed it out now. only had the car half the day. I DONT have to have the little twisty nob on the folding icon, that does manual only. if I leave in the "centre" between L and R and then select the option in infotainment it appears to open the mirrors on unlocking, and fold them on locking.
the only thing is the puddle lights then don't seem to work the same but I can live with that. the folding is more important to me as its quite narrow where I park and the car is a little wider than my old ST which I used to manually fold in every night! its all about the little things!

burso

Ready to race!
You're quite lucky if your 2013 car unfolds the mirrors upon unlocking the door. Mine only unfolds upon turning the ignition on which is a bit annoying as the lights are useless when entering the car in the dark.

MarcA

Ready to race!
You're quite lucky if your 2013 car unfolds the mirrors upon unlocking the door. Mine only unfolds upon turning the ignition on which is a bit annoying as the lights are useless when entering the car in the dark.

yes, I think your right about that, it def works on locking, and may be when key is entered, hence the lights are different. its only don't it once hence I'm still not 100%