GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FML, wrenching today turned out bad

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
When using hydraulic jacks and jack stands on unstable surfaces (gravel, shoddy pavement, dirt, pavers(?), etc. a section of plywood can be useful.
View attachment 173540
Good tip. I'll use that moving forward. I just rolled my car to some flat ground and worked on it there.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Must have missed this thread the first time around, but man this sucks. good luck on future installs, dont let this deter you just make sure you look over everythign and read as much / watch as many videos about installs that you can find until you feel comfortable, or bribe an experienced friend with food/beer yo help you

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
After I finished my spring install this weekend, but before I took it for a test drive, I told my wife "It'll be a miracle if I didn't mess up my car" (spoiler: I didn't thankfully). She asked why I would do something if there was that chance. And it's because I like working on my car. There's always that chance. It's just something you accept.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You should tell her it's because people who work on cars day in and day out also run that chance, mostly because they get lazy or are in a hurry to finish a job. You might miss something due to lack of experience but not because you just don't care. And when you screw it up you only have to wait for yourself to up and fix it, not someone else.