GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flush kit make your wheels loose?

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Is it common for spacers (thinking ecs for mk7) to make your wheels loose? Read a thread sometime about that happening.

Getting springs and want the flush look but not if its going to cause undue problems.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
it's dependent on the quality of the spacers and the machining of the hubcentric rings. If they don't seat well, I can see how you'd be able to tighten them without having them fully seated. Then if you drive, the rings will wear and everything will loosen.

I've run spacers for quite a while, and I always check that they're properly seated when reinstalling and torqueing.

Decent spacers should never cause issues like this though.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Same here, no issues. A few days after install just re-check the torque and tighten only if need be. Then it should be good. My only experience is with the ECS spacers but they seem like they are good quality.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Alright thanks all. Seems an alignment or all around check will be good after I ride it a bit.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Always remember to re check your torque after 50-100 miles every time you have the wheels off. With or without spacers it's a good idea