GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting the GTI LED tail lights on Highline - retrofit.

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
Would two ambers and a red help the phase number in, outer, red, blank, repeat :p

to do 'in, out, red, none, repeat' you need 4 phases!
to put it simple: you need 1 phase (all out) + 1 extra phase per light
2 phases for 1 blinker, 3 for 2 blinker, 4 for 3 blinkers, ....

another thing that crossed my mind was to make the inner light up (in both phases) and make the outter blink, but i concluded that was not fun either :p

sigi_dr

Passed Driver's Ed
That seems very very fun :p

Really?

if you want to try, change this:

(4)-Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Lichtfunktion A 16 --> Blinken links activ (beide phasen)
(4)-Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Lichtfunktion A 17 --> Blinken rechts activ (beide phasen)

comingabriel

Ready to race!
Still brain dead by ebolaflu, nothing seems right or wrong.

I see newer cars flashing yellow lights as turn signals in the rear, so I think I will do what was planned originally.

Would like inner and outer reds to brighten when breaking, for sure, and swap my RH inner tail light for a one with fog, to have two fogs.

EDIT:

Have to order some wire. Looks like 18 gauge (to be safe, but may be 20-22 gauge stranded), anyone order any yet and can confirm the gauge?

Bought some from amazon. CHEAP
4 x 50' 18 gauge stranded CCA wire

Can select 4 different colors.

Last edited:

capitan828

Ready to race!
Pins C31 and A60 at the bcm need a 20 gauge wire, unless you want to cut some wires and solder them. I personally did not damage any factory wiring. So to make it reversible if need be. If you don't want to damage factory wiring then you will obviously need to buy some pins from the sources I posted earlier

capitan828

Ready to race!
I was planning on cutting and butt connecting (vag tech says solder is bad), but crimp ends are sold all outside the USA. Minus dealer.

Vag tech say solder is bad??!?!? I'd like to know which Vag tech this is so I can give him an ear full! Don't believe him, solder is your friend. If you order the pins they will take about 2 weeks to arive.

capitan828

Ready to race!
My advice to you is go on the deytrade website and buy about 10 each of all the terminals they have listed as vw terminals. You might spend about a 100 bucks or less but you will have all the terminals used in your car. Also buy 10 of the ones on ebay It will save you money and time on the long run, those vw repair wires are a rip off. So far I've been able to install everything very cleanly with all the terminals on hand.

Also go on ebay and search "sn-48b crimper" it's cheap and produces extremely good crimps. It's the best 15 bucks you can spend.

Last edited:

capitan828

Ready to race!
Keeping in mind that I made my own wiring loom from the tails to the bcm. There are 3 pins needed at the bcm that are identical to the ones at the tail lights, they are C10, A72, and A65
A60 and C31 are the smaller pins with only one "wing".
If you don't care about cutting up your harness than you can recycle the pins that are in A60 and C31 originally.

comingabriel

Ready to race!
Keeping in mind that I made my own wiring loom from the tails to the bcm. There are 3 pins needed at the bcm that are identical to the ones at the tail lights, they are C10, A72, and A65
A60 and C31 are the smaller pins with only one "wing".
If you don't care about cutting up your harness than you can recycle the pins that are in A60 and C31 originally.

I am dumb, they are all the same wires, because all the wires provided in the euro kit all have the same ends.

EDIT: They are all NOT the same Again, I am dumb sometimes, but couldn't possibly have known until I had put my hands on it, and especially since the supplied OEM wiring all had the same 025-E crimp ends, which did not help.

000-979-025-E (and 000-979-009-E, as cap mentioned, :facepalm: )

Edit:

I placed the order for 10 terminal ends from the site you've listed, might as well do it the right way, right?!

Last edited:

capitan828

Ready to race!
I am dumb, they are all the same wires, because all the wires provided in the euro kit all have the same ends.

000-979-025-E

Edit:

I placed the order for 10 terminal ends from the site you've listed, might as well do it the right way, right?!

If you don't mind cutting wires then you will only need a couple of those terminals

capitan828

Ready to race!