GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory applied window film?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Probably got it done for $100 and marked it up $200. Is it itemized on your bill of sale, or did they just roll it into the cost of the vehicle?

woodardhsd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Not so easy to drop in for a visit. The dealership is in Atlanta, I'm in eastern NC. That's a 7+ hour drive, each way. Not worth the $100 it might cost to remove.

The $400 is not anywhere on the bill of sale. I'm assuming either the dealer ate the cost (unlikely) or it's rolled into the total price of the car. Either way, they still had the lowest price I could find on the East coast. There was also a $400 protection package and a $400 dent protection package listed on that additional sticker, but I didn't pay for those either.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
Not so easy to drop in for a visit. The dealership is in Atlanta, I'm in eastern NC. That's a 7+ hour drive, each way. Not worth the $100 it might cost to remove.

The $400 is not anywhere on the bill of sale. I'm assuming either the dealer ate the cost (unlikely) or it's rolled into the total price of the car. Either way, they still had the lowest price I could find on the East coast. There was also a $400 protection package and a $400 dent protection package listed on that additional sticker, but I didn't pay for those either.
ouch, so either way, even if they offered to "fix" the problem theyll make you come back to have it fixed. i doubt they will send you $ back, because it's not their problem you are 7hrs+ away. So for that time, effort and cost of gas, I'd eat the cost of getting it replaced at a reputable place or learn to live with it