GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Extended Warranty, if not vw, Who?

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
so we all mod our cars in some shape and form. Thanks to our new user "dealer" it is better to have aftermarket warranty then vw warranty. Great tip and info, however who is recommended and should the warranty be bought now when the car is still below one year 10k miles or it does not matter?

Thank you - Ital AKA Luigi ;)

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
The "extended" VW warranty is thorough fidelity. You can read reviews online on their overall support.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The "extended" VW warranty is thorough fidelity. You can read reviews online on their overall support.

Absolutely, so it doesn't matter. The only two I ever heard recommended by an INDEPENDENT MECHANIC were Fidelity and Mercury. And, as said, Fidelity has the VW logo on their contracts. Fidelity probably pays for the privilege. If you consider ANY OTHER company, make sure they pay the dealer or shop DIRECTLY. Some make YOU pay, and then they reimburse you.

As you found out, prices are stable for Fidelity until 1-year or 10K miles. But I would buy before January 1, 2017. I got the Platinum 7/70/0 for about $1550. Don't pay any more than that. For 2016 only, you can get a Platinum 10/100K/0. I think I was quoted about $2,700. Only the Platinum is any good for Fidelity. If you cannot get prices that low, PM me, and I'll give you the name of the dealership I purchased from.

Last edited:

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Absolutely, so it doesn't matter. The only two I ever heard recommended by an INDEPENDENT MECHANIC was Fidelity and Mercury. And, as said, Fidelity has the VW logo on their contracts. Fidelity probably pays for the privilege. If you consider ANY OTHER company, make sure they pay the dealer or shop DIRECTLY. Some make YOU pay, and then they reimburse you.

As you found out, prices are stable for Fidelity until 1-year or 10K miles. But I would buy before January 1, 2017. I got the Platinum 7/70/0 for about $1550. Don't pay any more than that. For 2016 only, you can get a Platinum 10/100K/0. I think I was quoted about $2,700. Only the Platinum is any good for Fidelity. If you cannot get prices that low, PM me, and I'll give you the name of the dealership I purchased from.

sweet. Thanks. I actually called 3 different dealers and no one is getting back to me with prices... I dun get it :confused:

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I started to shop a round a bit.
Fidelity really has very bad reviews online.
Anyway called Carchex and I got a quote of
$2958 with $100 deductible per visit for a 7years 85j miles.... I was like what are you smoking?

The Fed prices seems much more attractive, I may need your contact info for sure.

aunsafe2015

Ready to race!
I think I read somewhere that the fidelity warranty through VW doesn't cover things like adaptive cruise and radar parking sensors. Anybody know for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
Why not consider mechanical breakdown insurance instead? Geico and others insurance companies offer it and I plan to go that route.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I think I read somewhere that the fidelity warranty through VW doesn't cover things like adaptive cruise and radar parking sensors. Anybody know for sure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a copy of my contract. I have the Platinum option, and it more or less covers everything except wear items, like manual clutch, hoses, rubber boots, batteries, bulbs, shocks, seat belts. Doesn't cover wheels and airbags either. No mention of not covering ACC and parking sensors. It's entirely possible the cheaper options, like Silver, Gold, or Gold Plus don't cover electronic parts, but I would need to read every word. Any dealer will tell you to only get Platinum if you want maximum coverage.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Why not consider mechanical breakdown insurance instead? Geico and others insurance companies offer it and I plan to go that route.

Fidelity's is a mechanical failure service contract, AKA mechanical breakdown. I think you'll find ones from GEICO or AAA are not nearly as comprehensive. Make sure they are EXCLUSIONARY type contracts, where they list what is NOT covered, not what is.