GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Problems

Hatcher

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear about the Milltek problem. You should just have them send you a replacement system, but make sure it's for the facelift!

I've had my Milltek on for about two months now and LOVE it. I have the valved and non-res system with STOCK DP and sound is PERFECT. In comfort or normal, it's quiet and when you go Race or Custom with high engine sound, it makes wonderful noises, but not immature.

My previous MK7 was tuned with DP and valved APR exhaust but that didn't sound anywhere near as nice as this valved and non-res Milltek mated to stock DP.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Sorry to hear about the Milltek problem. You should just have them send you a replacement system, but make sure it's for the facelift!

I've had my Milltek on for about two months now and LOVE it. I have the valved and non-res system with STOCK DP and sound is PERFECT. In comfort or normal, it's quiet and when you go Race or Custom with high engine sound, it makes wonderful noises, but not immature.

My previous MK7 was tuned with DP and valved APR exhaust but that didn't sound anywhere near as nice as this valved and non-res Milltek mated to stock DP.

You might not have read the entire initial post. The system I received from Milltek was correct. It was just so poorly packaged that just about every stainless end was bent or "out of round" to the point that fixing was not an option. Also, one side was bent so bad that I couldn't get the valve motor installed. I agree, the Milltek sounds the best by far. But after this experience and for as long as I waited, I'm not willing to give them another chance.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You just had an R in for IC fitting tho :)

I paid him $200 to drive up from GA since the local car I had lined up traded his for an RS3 and I already have 2k worth of materials here waiting to be built for R

Exhaust development takes weeks, all I needed was to fine tune minor differences for the FMIC to fit R correctly.

At this rate of lack of enthusiasm from R owners there might never be an exhaust line. I’m not buying one lol

• Sad
Reactions: kak

Daohaus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R
Sorry your Miltek showed up all banged up. We ordered two and one tip on mine was a little out of round, nothing a hammer didn’t solve. My wife’s exhaust had similar issues. The shopping from the uk is a b*tch. Overall though I’m pleased with how it turned out.