GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust Discussion: 2015 R

VWR888

hello.

I know to each his own style in terms of look and sound limits, but since videos do not give justice to exhaust sounds, I would like to know your opinions on a good catback system for my golf R 2015 model.

I have been looking into the following options:

1- IPE, Armitryx ... very expensive
2- Xforce catback looks awesome with the Bluetooth control system
3- Invidia Q300: sounds like stock!? no?
4- Borla ??
5- AWE SwitchPath: for now, it sounds the best but bit pricey.
6- Milltek: I have a TBE on my Mk6R and it is awesome but not sure if I should get the same for my golf 7 R.

Your input is much appreciated guys.

I'm very happy with my Powervalve system. Well made, sounds great, awesome customer service.

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
I was running the IPE system for over a year - while it offers the best of both worlds 'quieter than stock with valves closed & loud as hell when open' I found the physical quality of the exhaust disappointing. In just a year, the tack welds on the rear muffler had split. I also saw on my friends car the seem welds on the muffler had also split.

If you have a bit of a budget, I would go with SuperSprint. Im running their downpipe currently and its amazing quality.

Born_Into_This

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 R
I also have the AWE switchpath and it sounds great in person - both inside and outside the car(much better than in videos). So far the volume has been perfect for a daily, but I don't have a downpipe yet; will be going with a resonated option when the time comes.

bruxwillix

Ready to race!
I was running the IPE system for over a year - while it offers the best of both worlds 'quieter than stock with valves closed & loud as hell when open' I found the physical quality of the exhaust disappointing. In just a year, the tack welds on the rear muffler had split. I also saw on my friends car the seem welds on the muffler had also split.

If you have a bit of a budget, I would go with SuperSprint. Im running their downpipe currently and its amazing quality.
whaaaaaat no way.. can't b real. and 2TWO!? with bad welds!? have pics? the assembly of the physical quality of the ipe system is superior af and I'm a welder! pics?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MK_7R

Passed Driver's Ed
whaaaaaat no way.. can't b real. and 2TWO!? with bad welds!? have pics? the assembly of the physical quality of the ipe system is superior af and I'm a welder! pics?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, don't have pictures. Mine was on the muffler where (I'm no welder) they have tack welded the sheet metal for the main body to a component inside the muffler. Around where the exhaust name plate is.

I know IPE were great in replacing the muffler for my friends car whose seems had completely split all around the muffler.

Additionally, I had issues with their downpipe. They had to send me 4 different downpipes. Yes FOUR DP's before actually getting it correct and getting me one that fit.

1st - Was 2'' short
2nd - Seems was mandrel bent upside down so nothing lined up
3rd - I'm not sure what the issue was as they emailed while it was shipped telling us not to bother to collect it
4th - Finally fit :)

Saying this, it was a couple of years ago now, maybe they have improved their processes to avoid this. Just disappointing considering it cost me $4,255, I kinda thought it would be perfect. Cost is slightly higher as I opted for the carbon fiber exhaust tips.

Anyway, just my 0.2c

vw671

Autocross Newbie