GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne tuning solution for mk7 GTI

everlast556

Passed Driver's Ed
seems like they should have a stage 1 93 oct at around 55hp for a more conservative tune. Jumping straight to the 1.5 93 @ 87 is quite a large step above stock.

New to chipping/flashing. Would there be any harm in using the stage 1 91 oct with 93 oct fuel?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
New to chipping/flashing. Would there be any harm in using the stage 1 91 oct with 93 oct fuel?

Not at all. Just don't use a lower fuel grade than tune requirement. The ECU will adapt to a degree, but turbos can spike and such.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Why would one need two of their stage 1, it's essentially a light tune and you can use 91 or 93

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
same reason why they would need two tunes of stage 1.5?

Ugh...it would seem that they think that one "lite" tune is enough. I personally think it's awesome that a lite stage 1 even exists at all. Run the lite tune and throw in some 93 octane, there's your second lite tune. I guess I'm going glass is half full on this thing. They are offering the best tuning option so far!

The Messiah

Ready to race!
Uniconnect isn't even an option for me.

BMS is the only other thing that I'd consider, and that's because it's the only option that is 100% guaranteed to be undetectable.

Would you consider Uni when the cable becomes available? It seems that Uni and Eurodyne is pretty similar in offering (except that Uni does not have their cable ready yet). I'm asking because I'm considering them. Not in a rush since my car only has 300 miles on it and will only tune once I've run it in and done an oil change (at 600-1000 miles or so).

The only other thing that will prevent me from buying a solution would be if I can't reflash to STOCK.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Would you consider Uni when the cable becomes available? It seems that Uni and Eurodyne is pretty similar in offering (except that Uni does not have their cable ready yet). I'm asking because I'm considering them. Not in a rush since my car only has 300 miles on it and will only tune once I've run it in and done an oil change (at 600-1000 miles or so).

The only other thing that will prevent me from buying a solution would be if I can't reflash to STOCK.

So far in all our solutions, you can refresh to the stock file. The questions is are willing to visit your tuner and pay for it to get done. And again to get your tune back.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Uni is late to the party if Eurodyne checks out. There is at least one guy on vortex getting this soon and if it's good I'm sure it will start flying off the shelves.

The Messiah

Ready to race!
So far in all our solutions, you can refresh to the stock file. The questions is are willing to visit your tuner and pay for it to get done. And again to get your tune back.

Thx. Those are the 2 requirements for me. Flash back to STOCK and being able to do it myself without the schlep and cost of going back to a tuning shop.

jwilkins88

Ready to race!

No. Simply because I can't customize the tune myself. Maestro isn't available yet, but it will be. That makes Eurodyne the ONLY solution available that gives you the option of creating your own tune.