GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro MPI installed

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
So I recently installed my OEM MPI kit that was used in the Euro only GTI and R. My question is, can I plumb the fuel lines and install the fuse to activate it?. The injectors are 125cc from what I know and it shouldn't make any difference right?. I'm currently pro-tuned via Accessport and I'm getting re-tuned for it later on once I get bigger injectors.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Your tuner has to activate it if I'm not mistaken

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
So I recently installed my OEM MPI kit that was used in the Euro only GTI and R. My question is, can I plumb the fuel lines and install the fuse to activate it?. The injectors are 125cc from what I know and it shouldn't make any difference right?. I'm currently pro-tuned via Accessport and I'm getting re-tuned for it later on once I get bigger injectors.

fancy sharing the kit you bought and a guide?

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Someone mentioned checking German Ebay which I have been doing here and there. You can find a lot of euro manifolds with extra parts and what not. I think it would be a better alternative then the Precision kit. What I'm curious about is if you can make more power or not with it standard or is it mainly a valve cleaner without upgraded pumps. Mark may I ask where you got your setup from and did it come with all that was needed to make a factory hook up?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So the injectors flow a bit more fuel. If you are running a L450 or EQT Vortex sized turbo this might allow you to run 28-29psi out to redline on pump gas vs having to taper it without the extra fueling.

The euro manifold + injectors are missing the wiring harness so you would need to purchase that. Also, OEM injector connectors are different than aftermarket Bosch so you have to get harnesses for those too.

Installing the manifold and injectors as it comes from Europe is a waste of time and makes it harder to upgrade those items at a later date.

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
So the injectors flow a bit more fuel. If you are running a L450 or EQT Vortex sized turbo this might allow you to run 28-29psi out to redline on pump gas vs having to taper it without the extra fueling.

The euro manifold + injectors are missing the wiring harness so you would need to purchase that. Also, OEM injector connectors are different than aftermarket Bosch so you have to get harnesses for those too.

Installing the manifold and injectors as it comes from Europe is a waste of time and makes it harder to upgrade those items at a later date.

Do you know what is different about the loom? apart from the injector connection

just been out to look at my car and turns out 2019 Euro spec doesn't have MPI as standard

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Also not mentioned is wiring to the manifold runner flap position sensor that is part of that harness. It's the connector behind the oil filter housing.

So, basically you need wired up:

manifold runner flap position sensor
fuel pressure sensor
injectors

The ethanol sensor wiring is not required but PR adds it to their harness.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I assume that E sensor might be usable when Cobb turn on flex fuel?
Key word “WHEN”

I’ve been reading cobbs been “working” on it for our cars on even some pretty old posts... I emailed support last week and they said they are not investigating flex fuel tuning for the vw platform at this time and there for don’t have a definitive date for when or if. Maybe ED with eqt has an inside line as he has also been one of people I’ve seen post that they were working on it.

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
fancy sharing the kit you bought and a guide?
Bought the rail and manifold in ebay. My friend bought the harness from APR and we had it cloned. All in all we spent around $300-$400. We just need to upgrade the OEM injectors that was included on the rail

Paxtond1

Go Kart Newbie
Key word “WHEN”

I’ve been reading cobbs been “working” on it for our cars on even some pretty old posts... I emailed support last week and they said they are not investigating flex fuel tuning for the vw platform at this time and there for don’t have a definitive date for when or if. Maybe ED with eqt has an inside line as he has also been one of people I’ve seen post that they were working on it.

strange, I spoke to Cobb last week (and received some pretty exceptional service) I was told its in the works with no ETA

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
Someone mentioned checking German Ebay which I have been doing here and there. You can find a lot of euro manifolds with extra parts and what not. I think it would be a better alternative then the Precision kit. What I'm curious about is if you can make more power or not with it standard or is it mainly a valve cleaner without upgraded pumps. Mark may I ask where you got your setup from and did it come with all that was needed to make a factory hook up?
My tuner said it's useless for power but I'm sure it'll clean the valves. I got most of the parts from eBay and cloned the wiring harness from APR