GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT vs LITTCO

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
The value in forums are in the participation of its members, not the host. If the members become mute, the value is lost. With no value becomes no members. No members creates no ad revenue because who wants to advertise to nobody.

I am not sure what had happened here but if it is related to money that is a slippery slope.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The value in forums are in the participation of its members, not the host. If the members become mute, the value is lost. With no value becomes no members. No members creates no ad revenue because who wants to advertise to nobody.

I am not sure what had happened here but if it is related to money that is a slippery slope.

Sure seems like it's related to money.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Looks like Ed has been "Bauned" for some reason and they also shut down the "EQT E-tuning Q&A" thread as well, which is annoying as that thread was a valuable resource for those of us that have EQT tunes or considering getting one of their tunes.
I sent an email to one of the mods asking why but no response as of yet.

I think we'll use the term Bauned.

We'll all know what that means

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Without going into it in detail. I am working on getting Ed back in here. He provides valuable information to this community and it would be a great loss not having him in here.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

you realize w/o the host paying to keep this site alive there would be no threads with info.
It's a business, he needs to get money to keep it alive and people that are making money from sales on this site should pay to advertise.
It's simple

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
you realize w/o the host paying to keep this site alive there would be no threads with info.
It's a business, he needs to get money to keep it alive and people that are making money from sales on this site should pay to advertise.
It's simple

Don't put the cart before the horse.

There has to be value to those who advertise before they will spend a dime.

It is extremely common for companies to take a loss while building value to their product/service. Simply put, think of all the apps that once were free of ads and simply a free service, only later once they created a large audience slowly implemented ads.

Value first, profitability later or in this case member participation and content first (Value), sponsorship (profitability) later.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I think it's a value/benefit type of equation. It's fair to say that jake and ed both had a great response from this forum and profited from that.

I'm sure somewhere in the terms of use we all agreed to, it says that any unauthorized advertising or promotion is against those terms...without becoming a forum sponsor/vendor.

I don't hate that process, but if the forum lost Ed (or Jake) and the threads that were contributed massively to, that would be a big loss for all.

Hopefully this gets resolved where all parties are satisfied, and that in the future whomever blocks/deletes/hides threads pertaining to the user in review gives a long hard thought before doing so.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
Ed's comments were one of the main reasons I'd check the threads tbh as were his quest to push his golf R with EQT turbo. if he got banned that would reduce my own interest in this forum by a huge amount. that's crazy