GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I know you're tuning the ECU on the AP - are you also running Cobb for the DSG tuning?

Your sale has me in danger of making a bad (fun) decision on where I'm going with my R.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I'm doing DSG tuning via the AP as well. I've been working on my DSG tune for months.

-- Ed

Hoop711

Passed Driver's Ed
Just waiting to talk to Ed as I have a few questions but I think with this sale it's too good a deal to pass up based on the reviews so far.

Dan

Last edited:

lowbeta

I'm doing DSG tuning via the AP as well. I've been working on my DSG tune for months.

-- Ed
Ah.. very interesting stuff! Have not heard much from anyone beyond some descriptions of the OTS DSG maps. A custom TCU tune with this turbo sounds pretty sweet.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Yep. The OTS maps are OK, but I spent a ton of time fine tuning the shift points for drivability. I'm on revision 35 of my DSG tune ;)

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Your probably the most experienced cobb dsg tuner ATM?

Could be. I'm also probably one of the pickiest... especially when it comes to my daily driver ;)

-- Ed

Hoop711

Passed Driver's Ed
Should I......?

Alright someone tell me why I should NOT buy this kit..............anyone able to give a good argument against it.....??? Anyone? (opens up wallet looking at credit card)

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Alright someone tell me why I should NOT buy this kit..............anyone able to give a good argument against it.....??? Anyone? (opens up wallet looking at credit card)

It's the best value you're going to get for a serious turbo upgrade, period.

Hoop711

Passed Driver's Ed
If I Upgrade the HPFP for this turbo but only plan on running pump gas for the first while do I need to upgrade anything else in the stock fueling system? Injectors? I know if I eventually want to run ethanol I need to also upgrade the LPFP but that is further down the line.

Any suggestions for an upgraded HPFP?

Cheers,
Dan

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
If I Upgrade the HPFP for this turbo but only plan on running pump gas for the first while do I need to upgrade anything else in the stock fueling system? Injectors? I know if I eventually want to run ethanol I need to also upgrade the LPFP but that is further down the line.

Cheers,
Dan

The OEM LPFP is fine for pump gas but you'll need to upgrade for ethanol blends.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
The OEM LPFP is fine for pump gas but you'll need to upgrade for ethanol blends.

what about the fuel lines. are the factory lines ethanol compatible? i know PR sells an upgrade kit for the lines as well. but figured that's mainly for better flow.

Hoon

Autocross Champion

Cheers,
Dan

Just about everyone with an HPFP (myself included) went with the Autotech.

I have not heard of any issues yet, but I don't think any of us have a ton of miles on them yet either.

what about the fuel lines. are the factory lines ethanol compatible? i know PR sells an upgrade kit for the lines as well. but figured that's mainly for better flow.

Correct, that's primarily for flow. Stock lines will tolerate E for a long time, I've never heard of an issue with MK7s and ethanol.

There's a drain back valve in the stock line near the coolant reservior (where the rubber hose meets the hard line). I wonder how much more fuel should be put through the stock line with that valve removed??

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
Correct, that's primarily for flow. Stock lines will tolerate E for a long time, I've never heard of an issue with MK7s and ethanol.

There's a drain back valve in the stock line near the coolant reservior (where the rubber hose meets the hard line). I wonder how much more fuel should be put through the stock line with that valve removed??[/QUOTE]

thanks...hmm. what's that valve exactly for? draining back at rest? wonder what bad if anything could happen if the valve is removed though.