GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Ok, ordered a staged tune yesterday. Now what? How long does it usually take to get the tune?

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Ok, ordered a staged tune yesterday. Now what? How long does it usually take to get the tune?
Ordered a custom tune 5/15 and received 5/23. About 8 days it seems currently for a custom.

Last edited:

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
They get them out very fast considering they have a bazillion orders to fill from recent sale and increase in sheer number of tune customers, I know from personal experience. Be patient, it is well worth the wait.

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
Currently I'm running the EQT stage 1 93 octane tune and will be installing a downpipe this weekend.

Would their be any negatives ,besides obviously leaving some power on the table by staying with the stage 1 OTS tune? Or would it be necessary to flash to stage 2 with the downpipe installed

I ask because I have a stratified stage 2 e30 I should be receiving this week, but I would like the option to run EQT 93 tune occasionally

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Currently I'm running the EQT stage 1 93 octane tune and will be installing a downpipe this weekend.

Would their be any negatives ,besides obviously leaving some power on the table by staying with the stage 1 OTS tune? Or would it be necessary to flash to stage 2 with the downpipe installed

I ask because I have a stratified stage 2 e30 I should be receiving this week, but I would like the option to run EQT 93 tune occasionally

Should be fine, you will probably get a CEL as expected.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm at 7 days waiting for an OTS stg 1 91 oct. Is that normal for an OTS tune?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm at 7 days waiting for an OTS stg 1 91 oct. Is that normal for an OTS tune?

They have been very busy but regardless of that an OTS tune is readily available so it shouldn't take long at all. 7 days seems excessive to me when it's not a custom tune. Just process your order and email the tune. I would have expected 3 days at the most. It's just attaching an existing tune file to an email. Perhaps the holiday has disrupted it.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Their website reads "In some cases, revisions can take as many as 7 business days."

I'd say if you don't hear from them tomorrow, reach out again.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
He's only getting an OTS tune not a protune with revisions.
I guess my interpretation of it is that the process of actually seeing, comprehending, and responding, is about the same between a revision and an off-the-shelf tune. Logging the ticket in their database, getting their accounting right, and verifying they're shipping out the correct product probably takes the bulk of the time.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
At this point I'm sure they've got enough variations of the tunes that the only thing that's required is finding the correct file and then sending it to you. For a while now they've been putting tunes on the AP before they shipped them out.

Last week Patrick made a thread on facebook saying he's caught up on all v2.01 tunes and if you didn't get yours to send him an email. I had 2.0 and didn't get my 2.01 update so I sent him an email and he emailed me back the same day.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
At this point I'm sure they've got enough variations of the tunes that the only thing that's required is finding the correct file and then sending it to you. For a while now they've been putting tunes on the AP before they shipped them out.

Last week Patrick made a thread on facebook saying he's caught up on all v2.01 tunes and if you didn't get yours to send him an email. I had 2.0 and didn't get my 2.01 update so I sent him an email and he emailed me back the same day.

Can you post the contents of the thread here?