GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
It wasn't linked properly, and it needed to be run in 5th to get a pull with minimal issues from load. Final pull sheet after we switched to the mustang dyno.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 7.37.13 AM.png

ScozR

Ready to race!
Can anyone with personal experience with the stage 1 OTS DQ250 DSG tune tell me if the downshifts when decelerating are any different? I’m really hoping it smooths things out a bit and gets rid of the occaisonal clunkiness going from 3-2 and 2-1 in D mode.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I'm running his DSG tune with Ecutek....should be nearly identical. And it's still a little clunky slowing down sometimes. I was running stock DSG tune for several months waiting on my tune to get started and I noticed it with stock tune too.... so I think it may just be inherent to the DSG sadly.

ScozR

Ready to race!
I'm running his DSG tune with Ecutek....should be nearly identical. And it's still a little clunky slowing down sometimes. I was running stock DSG tune for several months waiting on my tune to get started and I noticed it with stock tune too.... so I think it may just be inherent to the DSG sadly.

Thats too bad. Oh well. I will continue living with it. I appreciate your input.

nhatvcao

I switched over to EQT DSG tune from Eurodyne DSG tune and downshifting from 3-2 and 2-1 was much smoother once the engine and trans is warm, to the point it's not something I am constantly reminded of anymore. Do you have EQT ECU tune as well? If so you should match them.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Yes, it is definitely smoother than the Eurodyne DSG tune, because I think it (EQT) downshifts at a lower RPM. But even on stock tune you can feel it....is it a big deal, nah. When I first got the car I was like wtf but I hardly notice it anymore, stock tune or EQT.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Yes, it is definitely smoother than the Eurodyne DSG tune, because I think it (EQT) downshifts at a lower RPM. But even on stock tune you can feel it....is it a big deal, nah. When I first got the car I was like wtf but I hardly notice it anymore, stock tune or EQT.
Run the basic settings... it'll smooth things out.

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
Run the basic settings... it'll smooth things out.
Speaking of, I see the basic settings procedure in the EQT FAQ and have performed it, but I'm still having some slipping issues when I downshift to 2nd so I'd like to try the other calibrations that the AP offers as well. The Cobb documentation just says "For more information on what these do and when to use them please refer to your factory service manual." For those of us who have yet to pick up a service manual, are the procedures available online? I recall in the MkV days there was some DSG adaptation where you had to immediately drive in a certain way, reminiscent of brake bedding actually.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
A remote dyno tune

I'm trying to schedule a remote dyno tune also and Patrick didn't say anything about a base map. I think the dyno operator just makes a run and sends the AP info to Ed and then Ed sends back an update to load to the AP.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I'm excited to announce that our v2.0 EQT VW Staged Tunes are officially released!

This is a major update with significant refinements for all VW ECU Staged Tunes. But one of the more exciting points are our new E30 Staged Tunes for the Stage 1/2 Golf R. Our E30 maps offer big gains for standard stage 1 and stage 2 cars running E30 ethanol blends. These tunes are designed to operate on completely stock fuel system hardware for true ease of use and simplicity. Check out the dyno chart showing results for all of our v2.0 Golf R staged tunes. These are whp measurements from our Dynocom chassis dyno. Reference the stock baseline pull for comparison. Also note that we have 93 Staged Tunes available as well and they generally make around 10whp more than the 91 Tunes.

Here are some of the other main refinements:
- Added support for Jetta GLI

- Resolved factory inherent diverter valve control issue on all GTI tunes. This is an industry leading improvement that we discovered and resolved by identifying the necessary ECU tables and working with Cobb Tuning to add these tables to their AccessTuner software. This allowed us to control the DV and fix a factory tuning issue that was causing drivability issues for many GTI's. This issue was most commonly noticed at part throttle operation around 3000RPM and around 40-50% throttle. Before the fix, the ECU would keep the DV open, bleeding boost and creating a feeling of lag. Then it would suddenly shut the DV and result in an odd surge of power. With our fix implemented, all our GTI tunes now drive smoothly and responsively without any such lag/surge feeling. Those drivers who are picky about drivability will greatly appreciate this update.

- Refined boost control, ignition timing, fueling targets, cam timing, torque and throttle tables for all models to improve drivability, power, and consistency.

- Revised low end boost curves to minimize compressor surge/flutter. Some slight flutter can still occur on certain setups and conditions, but it is minimal and not a cause for concern in terms of performance and reliability.

- Peak boost targets set to 27psi at sea level (with a healthy taper at the top end to keep the turbo healthy and efficient). Boost targets and taper will vary based on elevation.

- Revised burbles options for more consistent activation.

- Resolved issue that prevented some 2019 vehicles from activating burbles.

You can purchase the new maps on their own or included with a Cobb AccessPort: https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi

If you've purchased a previous revision, you can order an update for a nominal fee of $25: https://eqtuning.com/…/vw…/products/eqt-ecu-base-tune-update

We also completed a new EQT logo design! This is the first step in offering EQT accessories and apparel.

Attachments

• EQT_LOGO_OPTS_FIN_COLOR_logo.png
    EQT_LOGO_OPTS_FIN_COLOR_logo.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 339
  • Staged Maps.png
    Staged Maps.png
    450.9 KB · Views: 311

ScozR

Ready to race!
I'm excited to announce that our v2.0 EQT VW Staged Tunes are officially released!

This is a major update with significant refinements for all VW ECU Staged Tunes. But one of the more exciting points are our new E30 Staged Tunes for the Stage 1/2 Golf R. Our E30 maps offer big gains for standard stage 1 and stage 2 cars running E30 ethanol blends. These tunes are designed to operate on completely stock fuel system hardware for true ease of use and simplicity. Check out the dyno chart showing results for all of our v2.0 Golf R staged tunes. These are whp measurements from our Dynocom chassis dyno. Reference the stock baseline pull for comparison. Also note that we have 93 Staged Tunes available as well and they generally make around 10whp more than the 91 Tunes.

Here are some of the other main refinements:
- Added support for Jetta GLI

- Resolved factory inherent diverter valve control issue on all GTI tunes. This is an industry leading improvement that we discovered and resolved by identifying the necessary ECU tables and working with Cobb Tuning to add these tables to their AccessTuner software. This allowed us to control the DV and fix a factory tuning issue that was causing drivability issues for many GTI's. This issue was most commonly noticed at part throttle operation around 3000RPM and around 40-50% throttle. Before the fix, the ECU would keep the DV open, bleeding boost and creating a feeling of lag. Then it would suddenly shut the DV and result in an odd surge of power. With our fix implemented, all our GTI tunes now drive smoothly and responsively without any such lag/surge feeling. Those drivers who are picky about drivability will greatly appreciate this update.

- Refined boost control, ignition timing, fueling targets, cam timing, torque and throttle tables for all models to improve drivability, power, and consistency.

- Revised low end boost curves to minimize compressor surge/flutter. Some slight flutter can still occur on certain setups and conditions, but it is minimal and not a cause for concern in terms of performance and reliability.

- Peak boost targets set to 27psi at sea level (with a healthy taper at the top end to keep the turbo healthy and efficient). Boost targets and taper will vary based on elevation.

- Revised burbles options for more consistent activation.

- Resolved issue that prevented some 2019 vehicles from activating burbles.

You can purchase the new maps on their own or included with a Cobb AccessPort: https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi

If you've purchased a previous revision, you can order an update for a nominal fee of $25: https://eqtuning.com/…/vw…/products/eqt-ecu-base-tune-update

We also completed a new EQT logo design! This is the first step in offering EQT accessories and apparel.

Ed, you guys sent me a new Accessport with EQT stg 1 OTS ecm and tcm tunes on April 14. Does that mean I received this latest revision?