GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC Light after downpipe install?

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Just installed the Rev9 catless downpipe today. The car was running fine with no codes. Then after trying to connect my JB1 to my laptop and failing, I noticed that I had an EPC and CEL on the dash. Loaded up VCDS and was able to clear the CEL but two codes kept coming back, p0108 and p0238 which are barometric sensor and boost sensor signal too high.

Only engine mods are the downpipe and JB1. Has anyone else experienced this? The codes seemingly came out of nowhere. I wasn't driving or anything, just started it up and boom, no boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Definitely sounds odd and I haven't heard of these codes being thrown before. Double check the connections on the JB1. Maybe the connector to the actually JB1 got moved when you connected a serial cable? Just a guess in the dark.

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Yeah I did some searching and usually this combo of codes were thrown during hard acceleration. I'm gonna remove the JB1 tomorrow morning and see if that does anything. I tried connecting while at idle so I'm wondering if that may have caused something funky.

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Tried that as well. Ended up with the same codes.

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
I've had it hooked up for about a week and a half or so. Removed it this morning and the codes and EPC light went away. I'm gonna wait until I get a new data cable before hooking it back up so I can update the firmware and just go straight to map 6.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
JB1 is not getting power, check the seat on the manifold sensor and "plug D" which is a mass air pressure sensor.

Dan84

Ready to race!
Had similar code after getting back my car from the dealer for service. Reconnected the racechip and boom epc light, ran the scan and got similar fault codes. Car has a dp installed as well

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

KCchiefin

Ready to race!
Got the replacement cable in yesterday and now all is well. Now I just need to tweak my map 6 settings a bit and I'll be ready to womp on some STs lol