GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enkei Evo X Wheels on GTI

s0n1cm0nk3y1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
Anyone ever done this before? If so please post pictures. If not anyone good at Photoshop?

Versus my v710s they are a good 4 pounds per corner lighter. Only concern is having to use wobble bolts for 112 to 114.3 conversion and finding hub adapters at 57.1 to 67.1. Doable? Reliable for auto X and daily?

Last edited:

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I know there are a ton of people that run wobble bolts, but if you're interested in performance for auto X and because they're lighter, just go buy a proper set of lighter wheels and be done with it. Then you won't have any issues.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
As shady as the concept is, I think wobble bolts have proven themselves to work fine. Aren't the TUV certified now? I know there's some out there that are. If they are TUV certified, then they are just as safe as regular bolts.

Like said above me, there's tons of great options that won't require wobble bolts.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I'm running wobble bolts for 114.3 to 112, and hub rings for 73mm wheels.
It's my daily driver, no racing or autox. Just some spirited drives.

My wheels haven't fallen off yet and I haven't died. So I guess that's a good sign.

dparkford

I'm running wobble bolts for 114.3 to 112, and hub rings for 73mm wheels.
It's my daily driver, no racing or autox. Just some spirited drives.

My wheels haven't fallen off yet and I haven't died. So I guess that's a good sign.

I really like this mindset. I've never run wobble bolts, but most 5x114 wheels don't come in specs I'd want anyway so I guess I'm good for now.