GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Shaking significantly on ignition and then a continuous shake on idle

Za1n97

Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
Hi all,

I was hoping for some advice.

My Golf MK7 GTD on startup shakes significantly and even on idle there is a continuous shake.
I've added a video of this: https://youtube.com/shorts/NHnIVqEMme0?feature=share

Is this normal?
On startup, the car can sometimes take a while to turn over and I often have to leave the key in to warm the glow plugs for a good 5 / 10 seconds and then even then it feels a little hesitant.

Separate point is that at low speeds in the cabin it feels normal, but at high speeds 80+ it feels as if the whole car is vibrating coming from the engine itself.

The following fault codes came up on my OBD reader and I had initially thought they were causing me poor fuel economy:
16388: Fuel Volume Regulatory Control, Circuit High
16401: Crankshaft / Camshaft Position Correlation Sensor B Bank-1

any help would be appreciated!

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Hi all,

My Golf MK7 GTD on startup shakes significantly and even on idle there is a continuous shake.
I've added a video of this: https://youtube.com/shorts/NHnIVqEMme0?feature=share

Is this normal?
On startup, the car can sometimes take a while to turn over and I often have to leave the key in to warm the glow plugs for a good 5 / 10 seconds and then even then it feels a little hesitant.

Separate point is that at low speeds in the cabin it feels normal, but at high speeds 80+ it feels as if the whole car is vibrating coming from the engine itself.

The following fault codes came up on my OBD reader and I had initially thought they were causing me poor fuel economy:

I'm not familiar with the Diesel variety however on the gas versions carbon buildup around the intake valves is the number one reason if a rough running engine with poor fuel economy. Depending on the mileage of the car I'd say it's a possibility.

Hopefully someone more well versed in GTDs can be more helpful.

Gtdgolf96

Car(s)
Mk7 GTD DSG
Hi all,

Is this normal?

Did you find the problem of this? Mine has something similar. Not sure if it’s as bad but think it’s pretty similar. I need to video a startup with the bonnet up to see if there is much movement of the engine.
I just had my flywheel replaced and while it did improve certainly, there is still a shudder on start up

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If you're out of warranty, I would clear the codes to see if they come back. It could be a fueling and air issue.