GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine build

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
So does anyone know of anywhere in Florida that has experience building an ea888 engine? Everyone here is convinced that it’s not needed but that noise is not reassuring. I’m hesitant to start throwing money at a small tear down that’s gonna end with an engine build anyway.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So does anyone know of anywhere in Florida that has experience building an ea888 engine? Everyone here is convinced that it’s not needed but that noise is not reassuring. I’m hesitant to start throwing money at a small tear down that’s gonna end with an engine build anyway.
Did you have a compression test and leakdown test performed on your engine?

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Just rebuild it then man, It seems to be you are going in that direction anyways. Any reputable machine shop can do it. Biggest issue usually is time frame. Either way always appreciate updates on where you go! Good luck

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Fwiw, It's a fairly complicated engine. Lot of places wouldn't want to touch it, or charge you the dozens of hours.

Do you have the engine manual from Erwin yet? You can flip through the entire teardown process, tools needed, etc. Tearing it down yourself will save thousands