GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine build

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
So it seems like my dbv2 failure may have cost me an engine as well. Got the car back together on the is38, flushed the engine and cleaned out the pan. Car runs but there’s noise in the top end and anything over idle throws misfire codes across all cylinders. Currently weighing options between selling as is, used engine or tear down and build this one. I am located in southwest Florida and I’m wondering if anyone knows of any machine shops near me with experience building these engines.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Anywhere? Also, any other codes? Maybe some logs to see what it does when you rev. No camshaft timing errors? Is it still on the DBV2 file or did you flash another file?
No cam errors according to the shop. My friend theorized something jamming up the cam phasers causing misfires. Has an o2 sensor code for bank 1 heater circuit.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Have they tried a new o2 yet? Could be coated in oil.
Thinking it may have gotten fouled when the turbo let go but that wouldn’t account for the misfires. Will probably get a chance to scope it tomorrow and will report back.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
7A148A41-A1CD-4797-9312-7C9E1F13964E.jpeg

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
That’s what came out of the oil filter housing when it was pulled. I have a video of the noise but unsure how to attach it here.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Not uncommon. Don't think you should be getting rid of it just yet. Sort out the o2 sensor issue first.
Appreciate the hope. Shop doesn’t share your sentiment however.