GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Endlink Recomnendation. SuperPro EL shit the bed.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
So the indestructible SuperPro rear endlinks shit the bed. I've been hearing clunking coming from the rear for a while, specifically during certain braking instances.

I got under the car today and discovered that my left link came apart. It's possible the shop that did the installation three+ years ago just shoved the links into the control arms too hard -- it's a tight fit, and over time they just came undone.

What are the rear endlink recommendations? Moog? ECS? Links would be much appreciated.

If it helps, I run an ST 25mm RSB.

Attachments

• 20211010_131701.jpg
    20211010_131701.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
If you do your own oil changes, yep, get a grease gun and a tube of synthetic grease. Otherwise, make sure it gets done by whomever services your car.
I am probably overdue to re-grease mine. Been over a year since install. No issues, though.
Don't run them without grease.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
If you do your own oil changes, yep, get a grease gun and a tube of synthetic grease. Otherwise, make sure it gets done by whomever services your car.
I am probably overdue to re-grease mine. Been over a year since install. No issues, though.
Don't run them without grease.

Roger. Thanks.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Also, OEM Endlinks are perfectly sufficient, and make no noise!

I have been through it all with endlinks and have settled on reverting to stock, after reading that Jim has been on stocks for like 80K miles w/ no noise or issues

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Also, OEM Endlinks are perfectly sufficient, and make no noise!

I have been through it all with endlinks and have settled on reverting to stock, after reading that Jim has been on stocks for like 80K miles w/ no noise or issues

The studs on the stocks cracked when i tried to remove tge nuts. So there's that. :)

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
My superpro end links failed like that before I installed them brand new so....... lol

Yeah, I will go going Moog if I ever replace the stock ones.

Even more amazingly, ECS actually refunded me for the bad parts

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
If you go with Moogs, be prepared to have skinny wrenches if you don't have them already. Unless you're taking out the RSB to install them and torque it down before re-installing. They went loose on me a few times because I was too lazy to remove the RSB when installing them.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
If you go with Moogs, be prepared to have skinny wrenches if you don't have them already. Unless you're taking out the RSB to install them and torque it down before re-installing. They went loose on me a few times because I was too lazy to remove the RSB when installing them.

Got 'em skinnies. :D

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
As others have said, I only hear great things about Moog. Hit them with some enamel paint if you wanna prevent surface rusting.