GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EMD rear spring spacers

Hammersticks

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
To current owners, how is the durability? Any issues? Just got a set but second-guessing the use of a spacer made out of ABS plastic. These get shipped with the R kits, and I’m ASSUMING they were engineered well enough to withstand the pressure long-term, but real-world feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XM_Rocks

Drag Race Newbie
EMD shipped multiple sets of springs for the A3 that sent tires up into the fender liner.

Not sure if I trust their “R&D” since it seems like a small shop that’s winging it, for the most part.

Doe these raise more than the OEM TT Pads?

Hammersticks

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
It’s used in conjunction with the rubber pad, so it is not in contact with the spring directly, but is still under a tremendous amount of pressure.

I am contacting a local metal fabrication company for something else (pizza oven chimney [emoji1]) and will be asking about costs to fab this type of spacer too.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Newbie
Nobody huh?

The fabricator wants no part of it...unsurprisingly.

I'm using these for a few thousand miles on my MK7 R. I haven't checked them and won't until I swap back my summers but they seem fine from what I can tell.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
I looked at these when I was putting my suspension kit together but opted for the TT pads instead:

https://store.ngpracing.com/oe-mk2-...-reverse-rake-on-many-aftermaket-springs.html

It was a direct replacement. Have no noticeable reverse rake (haven't measured, just eye-ballin'). I thought about just adding them in with the original pad that was already there but thought that might be too much. The shop I worked with thought they would work fine (combining both) but like I said, didn't do it.

Last edited:

KyACRASH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT
I have them on my 6MT GTI. No issues. I never used the springs without the pads, so can't compare the two, but everything appears level and I don't have any abnormal sounds or anything.

Hammersticks

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Thanks all I appreciate it. I also reached out to EMD who said they have installed thousands of them without a single failure. Hard to imagine that many installed but anyway, good to have feedback here as well so thank you.

For reference I am trying to make up for a 20mm difference [emoji15]. These won’t do it but will narrow the gap.

XM_Rocks

Drag Race Newbie
lol, yeah... thousands installed... they’re full of it.

Have always been.

They’re a small tuner shop with good branding and a snazzy website. They aren’t Bilstein when it comes to R&D.

I think these would probably be ok/safe to run, pretty inert and simple.

Hammersticks

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I installed the EMD spacers over the weekend and they fixed the problem. Pretty even all the way around now.

Looks and feels great. [emoji106]

Momo1984

Thank you for the explaination. Unfortunately i have ST adjustable coil over on rear susspension. I am asuming that this kind of lift would not be adapted in my case. ?? Because adjustable coil overs are on top.

Any idead on how to lif the rear in a case like thank.