GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emby's MK7 GTI Build Thread

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice. Why is the delivery so late?

it still not released in the United States

Good luck Emby, i see you have everything planned in advance. I had the same excitement prior recieving my GTI :p ... you're going to love it btw, a lot has improved over the MKV and MKVI, you'll have to drive it to feel it

BTW, i cant wait for it to hit the US too.. then we're going to see more tuning options :D

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, a lot of life has happened since I started this thread, but I brought home my MK7 tonight. Spec is a little bit different from what I posted here 3 years ago, but pretty similar.

2016 GTI Autobahn
DSG
Pure White
Performance Pack
Lighting Pack
Driver Assistance Pack

Couldn't be happier right now. Will upload pictures tomorrow.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
Well, a lot of life has happened since I started this thread, but I brought home my MK7 tonight. Spec is a little bit different from what I posted here 3 years ago, but pretty similar.

2016 GTI Autobahn
DSG
Pure White
Performance Pack
Lighting Pack
Driver Assistance Pack

Couldn't be happier right now. Will upload pictures tomorrow.
Congrats! I just hope you didn't plan of swapping your turbo for the K04 in your OP bc you will be disappointed ;)

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats! I just hope you didn't plan of swapping your turbo for the K04 in your OP bc you will be disappointed ;)

That was well before these things were even released, much less tuned yet. I know K04 isn't a thing anymore. It'll just be a stage 1 tune+intake to start. I'll make a new post with updated modification plans.

Thing is already a hoot, and I know the stage 1 tune is going to make it killer.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
That was well before these things were even released, much less tuned yet. I know K04 isn't a thing anymore. It'll just be a stage 1 tune+intake to start. I'll make a new post with updated modification plans.

Thing is already a hoot, and I know the stage 1 tune is going to make it killer.

I know, I was giving you a hard time :D. Enjoy it man, looks like you have been waiting for this car for about 4yrs now.

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
I apologize for the crappy pictures. Just wanted to get something up. Will get proper pictures here soon. Nothing to see yet. Just a stock beautiful new 2016.

I wanted a car with this spec, but the DCC rather than the DAP. I "settled" for this car and couldn't be happier that I did. The 2016 drivers assistance package has adaptive cruise control and lane keeping assist. Makes my commute the most relaxing drive ever. I thought I was settling for a car that was available, and the adaptive cruise control quickly became my favorite feature.

I waited for the 2016s for Apple Car Play. I use Spotify exclusively for music, and Car Play was the best/safest integration solution. I'm shocked by how responsive the head unit is. The larger screen seems to fit the rest of the center stack perfectly.

Last edited:

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
Continuing to enjoy the car. It's a very well rounded car that does everything well. A few updates:

1) Disabled soundaktor via VAG-COM

2) Sorted window tint out. Car came from the dealer with SunTek Carbon 18 on the rear sides and back glass, and Carbon 35 on the front sides. The installation was what you would expect of a dealer. Car now has SunTek CXP 18 on front and rear sides as well as back. 3M Crystalline 60 on windshield and Crystalline 40 on sunroof. Looks great, and keeps out so much heat. I was a little concerned about 60 on the windshield at night, but you can't even tell it's there at night. During the day, blocks a lot of light and heat.

3) VWR Springs and ECS 15/20mm spacers have been ordered. Will go on in the next few weeks.

The soundaktor, tint, and stance were the only 3 things that needed to be addressed asap to me. There is still a short list of things I may do, but I'm enjoying her just fine.

The full list if I were to do everything else would be:
Mojo Mats
S2T Shift Paddles
Stage 1 Tune
Max Performance Summer Tires
UroTuning Rear Wiper Delete
Rear Sway Bar

MKX

Passed Driver's Ed
GIAC Stage 1 was done a couple weeks ago. Finally made me really fall in love with the car. It is exactly how it should come from the factory.

Mojo Mats are in and dress up the interior nicely. I now have a company car so the GTI is just a weekend toy and the nice mats make it feel a bit more special.

S2T paddles are on order with local performance shop, but backordered. Between the paddles and mojo mats, the interior is going to be nice.

Final items under consideration:
Michelin Pilot Super Sports
UroTuning Rear Wiper Delete
CTS Turbo Catless Downpipe/GIAC Stage 2
Rear Sway Bar (undecided)

I figure it's about $1600 in parts plus a little bit of labor. Probably worth it to really wake the car up and have it dialed in exactly how I want it in the most cost effective way.