GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eliminate Side Skirt Turn signal?

jcr223

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GLI
Is there anyway to trick my mk5 so that it thinks my side skirt turn signal bulbs are working when they actually aren't? I want to color match those lenses with my united Grey. But they would still emit the light at night with the ESE OEM's you can buy. If i take out the bulbs the computer will pick up on that as well? and If I paint the bulbs black I'm sure it would melt.

My ultimate goal is to match swap out the orange turn signal bulbs in the front with yellows to match my nokya's. and totally eliminate side marker color.

Anyone try this?

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
You mean the corner markers? They will show a little bit of light. You can remove the bulbs without an issue if you choose.

jcr223

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GLI
Really?! you can take the bulbs out? This is great news Thank you! I'm sure I can find this on a search thread by while I have someone reading this--- off the top of your head whats the bulb number to change the orange bulbs in the front head lights?

jimithing412

Common Sense Is A Myth
Car(s)
07' 5dr GTI
Really?! you can take the bulbs out? This is great news Thank you! I'm sure I can find this on a search thread by while I have someone reading this--- off the top of your head whats the bulb number to change the orange bulbs in the front head lights?

Front turn signal color can't be changed. Even if you change the bulb color, it will still flash amber because there is an amber colored shield over the bulb.

NastyCandyMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
I just ordered the ESE colormatched sidemarkers for my CW. If I swap the marker, is the bulb underneath amber or white...? I'm just wondering if I have to swap the bulb to amber since the marker would be white. Thanks for your help!