GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU then engine light on (mk7 1.8TSI) HELP

bcbcbc

Car(s)
GOlf MK7 1.8TSI
Driving my 2017 Golf mk7 yesterday. I gave it some gradually more aggressive acceleration off of a stop and the ECU light came on, car went into the slow drive mode. I was only a block, or 2 away from my destination, so I was able to drive it slowly there and parked for 45 min. Upon startup the ECU light was no longer lit, but the engine light was on. The car seems to be driving fine, but that light is disconcerting.

I have had a stage 1 done to the car about 2 years ago without issue and have had the ECU come on a couple of times in the past when accelerating aggressively, but everything goes back to normal after turning off the car and restarting. This time that engine light stays on.

Just wondering what your smart folks recommend before I decide to take the car in.

I do have a OBII plugged into the car, but the "Car Scanner" free app is not giving me any warning signs of anything wrong with the vehicle.
I tried to reset the check engine light by pulling the fuse (Fuse #3 inside the engine) and reinstalling it. The engine light still remains.

Recommendations welcome!

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
I would think you need to get the car scanned first before anyone can point you in a direction. The light could have nothing to do with you hitting the accelerator harder than normal. Could literally be anything

bcbcbc

Car(s)
GOlf MK7 1.8TSI
Was able to read a scan from the OB11 showing some misfires detected on a couple of the cylinders. Time to take it in I suppose?