GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS MK7 GTI Gloss Black Rear Diffuser

tpa_mk7

I know I'm digging up an old thread but wanted to check with those that installed how this thing is holding up? I've been looking at different diffusers and keep coming back to the ECS one since it seems the most OEM+-ish with just the right amount of aggressiveness. Did everyone ceramic coat prior to install? Has it scratched up pretty easily? ECS has a 20% off sale going so I think I may jump on it along with a Aerofabb spoiler extension.
Mine has been holding pretty damn well. I didn’t ceramic coat mine but even with that there hasn’t been any fading or scratching.

Reactions: MSH

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I know I'm digging up an old thread but wanted to check with those that installed how this thing is holding up? I've been looking at different diffusers and keep coming back to the ECS one since it seems the most OEM+-ish with just the right amount of aggressiveness. Did everyone ceramic coat prior to install? Has it scratched up pretty easily? ECS has a 20% off sale going so I think I may jump on it along with a Aerofabb spoiler extension.

Zero issues with mine as well. Despite it feeling kind of flimsy, it held up fine for almost a year before I traded in the car with it on it. Wouldn't hesitate buying it again at all.

TheJennyRish

Car(s)
GTI Mk7
Mine is doing fine, too. No ceramic coating, just regular waxing like the rest of the car. No real scratches, looks great.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Thanks all! That’s what I needed. Putting in the order today

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Mine melted😢 But that’s cause “flames bro” and I prefer the look of my tips to be inset a good bit, and since we made them to fit the stock valence perfect once the openings extends it messed with the fitment really bad. Been thinking of going with the R valence and going with dual tips.

Real time pics* 😂😂
64648C53-8CBD-405C-9FFE-6F58A3D63EB5.jpeg
3BFEBE2F-F4F6-4F7A-9D80-15E6F4CB2EA4.jpeg
91C5AC57-59A5-4932-A9EF-B509E78F08E9.jpeg

E80B1544-DB95-4F66-8EAA-13DF63EFF5DD.jpeg

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Got mine installed but what a shitshow ECS is. I have ordered from them before for non-ECS parts and had pretty good luck.
This was my first house brand part I've ever ordered. Even with all the positve feedback here I was still a bit leery of ordering an ECS part, but after looking at all the options out there I felt it looked the most OEM+ of all the diffusers available except the Isweep one at 2x the cost and has to be painted.
So I receive the diffuser and there is no double stick tape on the ends and the self tapping screws to screw into the bottom of the bumper are not self tapping(they sent flat end screws vs pointed tapping screws). The product description, as well as install vid I found on Youtube, clearly show the tape on each end, etc). To make matters worse one of the bracket bolt threads was gummed up which I didn't notice until it was too late. Ended up having to dremel off the damn bolt. I'll take responsibility for part of that f up, since I should have backed the nut out earlier vs later.
Anyway, contact Customer Service with all the issues. Rep has me send pics etc and says they will get back to me. This was on Thursday of last week. Sent an update request the following day and received a reply that the VW guys are out so they need more time.
Since then they have gone dark on me...nothing. I finally just decided to go buy all the correct parts (double stick tape, + new bracket hardware) I needed for the install. I ended up drilling into my bumper so I could use the non-self tapping screws ECS sent. At the end of the day was this a ton of additional $ out of my pocket?...No, but my expectation is that the product should have all the necessary & correct parts required for install. I understand things happen but ECS hasn't lifted a finger to try and correct the issue. Never again will I buy a house brand ECS part.

ECS Diffuser.jpg

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Sorry to hear the issues, the mk7.5 units don’t use and tape and do not require you to drill anything, it’s all a nut and machine bolt installation.

Aside from that though…. That think looks soo good - waay better than the 7gti,7.5gti,7.5R versions to me.

yeah the mk7 R install for this thing seems a bit more janky vs some of the others but I agree 100% on the look...super happy with the way it ultimately turned out. Just have a bit of a sour taste with ECS customer service.