GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS MK7 GTI Gloss Black Rear Diffuser

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just ordered this diffuser as well. I don't like the way the bolt on ones look, and there aren't many other options. It's similar enough to the TCR one for the 7.5 which I love. Will go nice with the gloss black Rennwagen spoiler.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
That ECS piece looks pretty good. Blast my mountain bike. Need to have the hitch. Maybe someone will make one that is compatible with a hitch :rolleyes: .

TheJennyRish

Car(s)
GTI Mk7
I just ordered the ECS diffuser, too, so I’m excited to get it and put it on. I think the gloss black will look good with reflex silver. Thanks for the photos!

[edit] So fitment on my 2016 GTI is ok. It takes a LOT of finagling to get it where it needs to be. After some swearing, though, it fits decently well. Looks great on.

Attachments

• 81F36945-CE0B-4A3B-BE07-31EB6D2BC58D.jpeg
    81F36945-CE0B-4A3B-BE07-31EB6D2BC58D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 363
Last edited:

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I just ordered the ECS diffuser, too, so I’m excited to get it and put it on. I think the gloss black will look good with reflex silver. Thanks for the photos!

[edit] So fitment on my 2016 GTI is ok. It takes a LOT of finagling to get it where it needs to be. After some swearing, though, it fits decently well. Looks great on.

Looks great! What exhaust do you have?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So I just installed this today.

Fitment was fine, no issues there. Very quick job, done in about an hour. Hardest part, which even gets called out in the instructions, is removing the OEM diffuser. You really have to pull to get it away from the bumper. Definitely wear safety glasses. it's amazing how much gunk gets caught underneath the car. Constantly have shit falling into you face while working.

The diffuser itself seems very thin and flimsy, so I'm curious to see how it holds up. Looks great though. If anybody knows of any matching gloss black sideskirts, let me know.

1616344586953.png

1616344610384.png

1616344648069.png

OG McGibblets

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI
the isweep vs ecs are made from different materials
i am guessing the isweep one is sturdier
  • isweep Material: Fiberglass Reinforced Polymer (FRP)
  • ECS Made from lightweight, vacuum formed UV-stabilized gloss black ABS polymer

Last edited:

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
So I just installed this today.

Fitment was fine, no issues there. Very quick job, done in about an hour. Hardest part, which even gets called out in the instructions, is removing the OEM diffuser. You really have to pull to get it away from the bumper. Definitely wear safety glasses. it's amazing how much gunk gets caught underneath the car. Constantly have shit falling into you face while working.

The diffuser itself seems very thin and flimsy, so I'm curious to see how it holds up. Looks great though. If anybody knows of any matching gloss black sideskirts, let me know.
possibly stupid question.. do you have to remove the exhaust?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition

I know I'm digging up an old thread but wanted to check with those that installed how this thing is holding up? I've been looking at different diffusers and keep coming back to the ECS one since it seems the most OEM+-ish with just the right amount of aggressiveness. Did everyone ceramic coat prior to install? Has it scratched up pretty easily? ECS has a 20% off sale going so I think I may jump on it along with a Aerofabb spoiler extension.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I know I'm digging up an old thread but wanted to check with those that installed how this thing is holding up? I've been looking at different diffusers and keep coming back to the ECS one since it seems the most OEM+-ish with just the right amount of aggressiveness. Did everyone ceramic coat prior to install? Has it scratched up pretty easily? ECS has a 20% off sale going so I think I may jump on it along with a Aerofabb spoiler extension.
I’ve had zero issues with mine. I didn’t ceramic coat it, and probably should have, but it honestly doesn’t show surface scratches as much as I thought it would. No more than our B pillars…
I can say the diffuser seems flimsy when you first unbox it, but once installed the brackets make it pretty rigid.
Love the combination of the ECS diffuser, CSS muffler, and Aerofabb spoiler extension. Just the right amount of OEM+ and aggressiveness without being over the top if you ask me.

Reactions: MSH