GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Boost Gauge is crap

vdubguy29

Ready to race!
So I bought the ECS Boost gauge and hooked it up...nothing...didn't light up, didn't read boost...makes a nice paper weight...so I returned it and received another one the next day...Installed it...it lit up but that's about it...still didn't read any boost pressure...took off the boost hose and has suction...so I rehook it up....and nothing....doesn't do anything...so far ECS is 2 for 2...I decided not to go for a 3 because the odds aren't looking good...So everyone just shell out the deniro for the APR gauge

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
What are you using for a boost tap? And +1, in my experience, do it right he first time and buy the quality product (not asserting ecs is not quality, as I have no experience with it).

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Obviously not? You're on here making multiple threads complaining of the same thing about the same product. fyi I didnt suggest you installed it wrong. What I meant buy doing it right the first time is spending the money on quality products vs saving a buck buying inferior counterparts.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Rule 1:

Never cut wires with a chainsaw. I am very confused on how this happened when the unit comes with vampire clips.

https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VII--2.0T_Gen3/Interior/Gauges/ES2951410/

ECS boost gauge is electronic so the vacuum source goes to a unit which then send the readings to the gauge. If vacuum is good and the gauge is lighting up, I would double check the plug placement on the gauge itself.

PDF Install Instructions: http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f...4128_Volkswagen_MKVII_Golf_GTI_Vent_PodR1.pdf

codespyder

Ready to race!
Did you get the wiring fixed?

vdubguy29

Ready to race!
Did you get the wiring fixed?

yea I did get it fixed...okay well yes that was my fault however, everything was installed right with all 3 gauges, My buddy ALI checked the current with an electrical tool, had power coming from the wiring harness, from the connections on the side of the wiring harness...he checks the ecs side ie the boost sensor and their was no power...checked it on ecs side on the power harness and nothing...nothing is shorted out...everything is hooked up correct...ecs sent me another gauge it lights up but still doesn't read boost pressure...I have an integrated engineering boost tap mounted on top of the intake manifold, It is operating correctly and doesn't leak...so I get it I messed up 1 time....but that has nothing to do with the non working products I recieved

vdubguy29

Ready to race!
Rule 1:

Never cut wires with a chainsaw. I am very confused on how this happened when the unit comes with vampire clips.

https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VII--2.0T_Gen3/Interior/Gauges/ES2951410/

ECS boost gauge is electronic so the vacuum source goes to a unit which then send the readings to the gauge. If vacuum is good and the gauge is lighting up, I would double check the plug placement on the gauge itself.

PDF Install Instructions: http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f...4128_Volkswagen_MKVII_Golf_GTI_Vent_PodR1.pdf

like I said my buddy ALI checked it, I triple checked it myself,, even my wife looked at the instructions and verified everything was hooked up correct per the instructions.

MK7GUY

Passed Driver's Ed
Its not like ECS actually makes that gauge. They just stencil their company name on it like the majority of companies and buy whole sale from a manufacturer.

vdubguy29

Ready to race!
I do owe ECS an apology tho, I was very frustrated when I posted this, ECS does have some very good customer service and an awesome variety of products, I do happen to enjoy the apr look of their gauge with the chrome bezel around the inside gauge...it looks good.