GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

E85 Mixed with Pump Gas on Flash Tunes

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I added a gallon of E85 to my Stage 2 GTI to try to get rid of knock which it did, but it seems to be sputtering when i start to accelerate on the freeway. does anyone know what could be causing this?
Come on dude? Log your car, you expect people to guess at your problem? Could be anything. Provide mileage, maintenance and mods.

JOKERGTI18

Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
Come on dude? Log your car, you expect people to guess at your problem? Could be anything. Provide mileage, maintenance and mods.
I finally got the code to pop and it is a misfire cylinder 2 so i put the OEM plugs back in and in doing so one of the eyelets on the ground broke off so now I have to fix that when i get a chance

pinyin

Car(s)
21 GTI SE DSG
Does anyone splash a couple gallons in with Apr 93 Oct tunes? I feel like it is a little throatier but could be psyche. I've noticed less deviance in timing retardation
I do this every 3 or 4 fill ups. half a tank of e85, half 93 on an APR Stage 1 High Torque file.

it definitely runs a lot stronger at lower boost (Economy mode), which is the sweet spot for me when doing longer highway trips.

17sport

Car(s)
17 GTI sport
On stage 1 APR low torque 91 tune. I do 0.3 gallon per 1/8 of fuel gauge. So 2.4gal/tank. Around e25 when mixed with e10 92. Result 96 octane. Engine runns smoother and more eager. And don't feel heat soaked as much in 100+ heat. Since ethanol is 30% oxygen. Add about 20torque. Ay 6.5krpm about 25hp. Mpg drops a lot though. P
I drive car harder on e25. So 18-22mpg mixed instead of 24-28mpg mixed driving.

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
The day I installed the HPFP E gave the car no more power on just the 93 protune. Before the pump 2 gallons was a kick in the ass.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
If the tune is more aggressive that the octane you are currently running, some ethanol will help keep it knock free and keep peak performance. E20 needs around 7% more fuel compared to straight pump gas - not an issue unless your fuel system is on the ragged edge.

However I am a big proponent of having a tune properly designed for your parts and fuel. Or several tunes. That way you can enjoy all the benefits of running ethanol on one tune and then be safe running your local pump gas quality on another tune. Without the guesswork.

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
If the tune is more aggressive that the octane you are currently running, some ethanol will help keep it knock free and keep peak performance. E20 needs around 7% more fuel compared to straight pump gas - not an issue unless your fuel system is on the ragged edge.

However I am a big proponent of having a tune properly designed for your parts and fuel. Or several tunes. That way you can enjoy all the benefits of running ethanol on one tune and then be safe running your local pump gas quality on another tune. Without the guesswork.
^ this 😎 👌