GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno Comparison: APR, Revo, Eurodyne

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
ED is a mixed bag. They run well but know support is lacking. That being said, everyone is always willing to help and offer suggestions :) for the price, they're hard to beat. Only one coming close, in terms of price, is JB4 (but you don't get all the features of a full flash tune), or Cobb which is still early in its life cycle. We have a couple guys switching from ED to Cobb so hopefully we'll get some protune dynos this week!

funvw5

Ready to race!
ED is a mixed bag. They run well but know support is lacking. That being said, everyone is always willing to help and offer suggestions :) for the price, they're hard to beat. Only one coming close, in terms of price, is JB4 (but you don't get all the features of a full flash tune), or Cobb which is still early in its life cycle. We have a couple guys switching from ED to Cobb so hopefully we'll get some protune dynos this week!

Hmmm, support is important to me. I had trouble in that area with the last company & it really turned me off. It wasn't awful or anything, just not what I expected I guess. I do like the numbers though, that is also important to me as I would like to have a more "even" tune. I am a little afraid of APR's torque ratings. Plus I feel if they can generate so much tq, why not similar hp numbers. Makes me think they are using more from the turbo than the engine...but I'm new to tuning so I have nothing to back that statement up.
Cobb looked nice as well, packed full of features! Not super interested in the JB4, I would like the "full" tune. If I go ED I will end up stage 2 by summer, 91 oct probably. Fuel seems to be a big issue with tunes. I was told the quality of my fuel was the reason my the issues I had with the last tune on my car.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm, support is important to me. I had trouble in that area with the last company & it really turned me off. It wasn't awful or anything, just not what I expected I guess. I do like the numbers though, that is also important to me as I would like to have a more "even" tune. I am a little afraid of APR's torque ratings. Plus I feel if they can generate so much tq, why not similar hp numbers. Makes me think they are using more from the turbo than the engine...but I'm new to tuning so I have nothing to back that statement up.
Cobb looked nice as well, packed full of features! Not super interested in the JB4, I would like the "full" tune. If I go ED I will end up stage 2 by summer, 91 oct probably. Fuel seems to be a big issue with tunes. I was told the quality of my fuel was the reason my the issues I had with the last tune on my car.

Beauty behind Ed is flashing at home at no charge. His support is like a 90 year old mans di#k, but the tunes are aggressive, great power band and he doesn't use as much boost as he did before... more timing now so your turbo isn't really stressing. If the IS38 file wasn't available to flash over at no charge..I would have never gone IS38 because other companies charge customers to upgrade the software and it's not worth it.

LJK

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm thinking ED or Unitronic then stacking a JB4 with it. Only downside is Uni is more expensive.