GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Due to pull trigger - URGENT HELP NEEDED!

MrYuzhai

Hi guys, first of all I'd like to apologise if this is totally lame (I'm new here)

Going back to my local VW dealership to pull the trigger ang get a Golf so would definitely appreciate any input / advice at all!

Golf GT 1.6 TDI
Park Assist Pack (park assist / rearview cam / colour mfd)
Car-Net (Android Auto / Carplay / Mirror link)
Urano Grey or Pure White - which should I get?!?!

Do I need mudflaps to make it "look" nicer?

Once again apologies in advance

MrYuzhai

Demetrius Joel

Ready to race!
i personally like the pure white. my wife has a pure white golf and it really is a nice color.
mud flaps to make it look nicer? thats totally subjective. me personally never liked them.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I want my click back

OaklandGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, first of all I'd like to apologise if this is totally lame (I'm new here)

Going back to my local VW dealership to pull the trigger ang get a Golf so would definitely appreciate any input / advice at all!

Golf GT 1.6 TDI

MrYuzhai
You can always get splash guards (mud flaps) installed at a later date if need be. There's no rush.
I actually do like the splash guards and had them installed yesterday on my GTI.

As for the color, that's subjective and pick what you like best.

AntGTD

Passed Driver's Ed

Golf GT 1.6 TDI

MrYuzhai

Are you using drive the deal?

Bungleaio

Ready to race!
I feel ripped off, when I ordered my car there was just a handshake. I wish there was a trigger to pull. Please get a video.

Just get the colour you like. Limestone silver is nice.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Golf GT 1.6 TDI

If you're having a GT it will be a 2.0 not 1.6. I only mention it so you can check the dealer isnt pulling your pants down. Also is the car in dealer stock or is a new factory order? If its a factory order The GT spec has just been updated to GT Edition. The newer spec has sunroof and 18" alloys as standard.

Mudflaps ? Hell No !

GC854

Ready to race!
If you're having a GT it will be a 2.0 not 1.6. I only mention it so you can check the dealer isnt pulling your pants down. Also is the car in dealer stock or is a new factory order? If its a factory order The GT spec has just been updated to GT Edition. The newer spec has sunroof and 18" alloys as standard.

Mudflaps ? Hell No !

Chris is correct - VW do not do the GT as a 1.6 and it has just been updated. Something doesn't sound right!

As the saying goes 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' so go with what you think looks best but...... maybe there is a reason you see lots more white Golfs than grey ones!! Check out the 'Used Car' section of the VW website and filter for cars of both colour. The photos are generally not too bad. Good luck - but check the engine/spec combo!

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Chris is correct - VW do not do the GT as a 1.6 and it has just been updated. Something doesn't sound right!

As the saying goes 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' so go with what you think looks best but...... maybe there is a reason you see lots more white Golfs than grey ones!! Check out the 'Used Car' section of the VW website and filter for cars of both colour. The photos are generally not too bad. Good luck - but check the engine/spec combo!

There is a GT model (1.6 TDI) didn't used to be.

pipsyp

Ready to race!
Yep VW do the GT with the 1.6 110ps engine now.

I actually think Urano Grey is quite cool....white is nice but its an utter feck to keep clean...im on my 3rd white car but I wont be buying another....my company GTD is Carbon Grey which is basically metallic Urano and it hides the dirt quite well..certianly better than Black or white.

Also be aware that VW have just replaced the GT with the GT edition...so the car will now come with 18" Durban alloys (v nice indeed) and the sunroof.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just had a look on both the configurator & the PDF current pricelist & NO 1.6lt GT estate specification............however you can get a 1.6lt 110ps GT & GT edition in the HATCH.........

Park assist is good, ....so is heated seats, Dynaudio, climate windscreen, bi-xenons with LED DRL's..........haha

as for colour I went to the dealers other sites & travelled over 100miles to see various golfs in all the colours to actually see for real the colours.........