GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG not farting anymore and it ain't Beano!

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
There is like 7 or 8 of them total if you go into Auto Trans and select "Basic setting" you will see these 4 settings that need to be reset...

-Calibration of synchro-points
-Reset clutch characteristic curve
-Resetting of all adaptation values
-Start double clutch fast adaptation

Your transmission fluid must be between 30-100°C to complete these procedures too. I had this exact same issue too a few weeks back and it makes a night a day difference... farting on every shift again lol. Really improves lockup, the reason its likely not "farting" on an upshift is because the clutches are slipping slightly. If you have the Performance Package, make sure you reset your VAQ diff calibration while you're at it too.
Reopening the post!! Does anyone still have this problem?? Mine farts very little, sometimes yes, sometimes no!!!

I confess that I'm afraid to do the "Resetting of all adaptation value" procedure, because a message appears saying that there may not be a reversal if there is a problem!!!

deleteaccount

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI Sport
Reopening the post!! Does anyone still have this problem?? Mine farts very little, sometimes yes, sometimes no!!!

I confess that I'm afraid to do the "Resetting of all adaptation value" procedure, because a message appears saying that there may not be a reversal if there is a problem!!!
That the problem occurred AFTER the service is suspicious. I would check the oil level just to verify it's good. It requires warming the car up and watching the amount of "dribble" from the "snorkel" hole in the system. I could see a situation where they didn't fill it correctly. What we usually see as coincidence is actually a cause or an effect from such cause. Since it was serviced, start by confirming service was done correctly.

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
That the problem occurred AFTER the service is suspicious. I would check the oil level just to verify it's good. It requires warming the car up and watching the amount of "dribble" from the "snorkel" hole in the system. I could see a situation where they didn't fill it correctly. What we usually see as coincidence is actually a cause or an effect from such cause. Since it was serviced, start by confirming service was done correctly.
Hi, I checked the oil level coincidentally 1 month ago!! Everything was ok, on the level!!

I did the procedure

-Reset characteristic curve clutch

Looks like it improved the farts in high rotation!! But what I also noticed, is that the farts stop doing after accelerating, for example, from fourth gear from 2000 to 7000........ It seems that it gets hot and the clutch kind of slips, but that only when changing gears , if I pull from 1000rpm at full load it doesn't spin!!

A3_8V_BLACK

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
AUDI A3 8V
Watch this video if you can understand what I'm talking about!!!

Attachments

• VIDEO-2022-02-05-20-30-02.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 119

zepelin

Car(s)
VW Golf 7 R variant
There is like 7 or 8 of them total if you go into Auto Trans and select "Basic setting" you will see these 4 settings that need to be reset...

-Reset clutch characteristic curve
-Resetting of all adaptation values

Your transmission fluid must be between 30-100°C to complete these procedures too. I had this exact same issue too a few weeks back and it makes a night a day difference... farting on every shift again lol. Really improves lockup, the reason its likely not "farting" on an upshift is because the clutches are slipping slightly. If you have the Performance Package, make sure you reset your VAQ diff calibration while you're at it too.

If I have ECU and TCU tuning on the car and I changed clutch to a stage 1 850NM and do the above settings do I get back the "farting" and still keep the TCU tuning? The mechanic said they have a backup of my tunned TCU but the change of gear makes no sound, I have almost no engine brake and my launch control does not work (rpm wiggles between 3000-3900 but does not stay constant)