GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DownPipe

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
just get the rev9 dp from ebay. i also dont agree with spending more money on branded downpipes. the rev9 is already cheap as it is, anything cheaper would just be asking for trouble imo. yea fitment might not be great but just buy better clamps. would rather spend money on good clamps and struggle more for an hour or two during installation than spend 400 more dollars on better fitment any day of the week.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Tapatalk app in the mobile has a search function which is pretty straightforward.

Google is pretty straightforward too and last I checked, every phone can use it. I'll never understand the "I don't want to search because someone can just tell me and I don't have to do anything to get what I want" mentality

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Google is pretty straightforward too and last I checked, every phone can use it. I'll never understand the "I don't want to search because someone can just tell me and I don't have to do anything to get what I want" mentality

I doubt it was OP's intention but creating a thread like this for already discussed issues increases the amount of google results there are, which increases the amount of information and opinions someone sees when they actually google about advice. I would much rather have a buttload of threads to gather advice from than less, im always looking for more opinions when googling car parts or w.e.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
i just replaced my stock downpipe w a CTS downpipe. During the install, i found that my buddy had to wedge a lever on the pipe (underneath the car) to make it line up w the bracket (w the gaskets as show on pic) bolts. Is this normal that the measurment was off, or could it be that i reinstalled the bracket onto the pipes upside down?

Attachments

• 3_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    3_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 329

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Another damn snowflake that wants to be spoon fed.

lol.....it'll result in another question that requires spoon feeding down the road of "why doesn't this work?"

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
relax Cleatus. Doesn't make me lazy because i've been searching this forum for an answer and don't want to go thru 75 more threads. A simple answer would be, "yes, others have had fitting issues w the CTS downpipe, but a little finagling won't hurt anything." As senior members, that doesn't give you a right to be dbags....or hey, maybe keep your dipish comments to yourself? maybe? pretty please?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
relax Cleatus. Doesn't make me lazy because i've been searching this forum for an answer and don't want to go thru 75 more threads. A simple answer would be, "yes, others have had fitting issues w the CTS downpipe, but a little finagling won't hurt anything." As senior members, that doesn't give you a right to be dbags....or hey, maybe keep your dipish comments to yourself? maybe? pretty please?
Look, no one is being Dbag or making comments that are super serious that enter the dshi# level. People are trying to say that instead of making a 76th thread, as Imthenick said, it's easy to do a 30 sec Google search for a specific mk7 GTI forum answer..... That's literally how I've answered almost all of my questions. If I couldn't, I placed my question in the random questions thread.

richief556

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm sure there are more than willing folks on this forum that would provide a response because they've experienced the same issues. The thread is titled "downpipe"....i'm having issues with my "downpipe"....so i posted it in "downpipe". Don't know why I have to explain this to you, when all the while, you could have just STFU and not commented. Last time i checked, this forum wasn't specifically built for you.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!

BTW, I don't think they were talking about your CTS question. I'm pretty sure they were referring to OP.