GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe and gains after 5k

F1fletch

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Rabbit GTI
Hi guys, I have been doing a bunch of research and about to pull the trigger on a Cobb from EQT.

While investigating tunes, I looked at ALOT of graphs and I also know what my goals are living in California and not wanting to make “major” changes that would blow my chances of passing smog with the stock tune and intake put back on.

While I relish the idea of the IS38 Turbo I am wondering if a Cobb gesi catted downpipe will keep the engine pulling past 5k where it seems like most tunes drop off. OR, is this just the way it is until you swap to a Hybrid turbo or bigger turbo?

I am not looking for crazy HP, something close to 320 that pulls all the way to 7k, I don’t want tire roasting torque I want linear HP that doesn’t fall off and not a pregnant looking power graph..lol

appreciate the feedback

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What Diggs24 said and neither an IS20 or IS38 is going to pull to 7K. You would need a hybrid turbo for that.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've got the EQT stage 1 tune, no intercooler yet, but it's in the plans.

Pulls much better to redline than stock or Cobb ots tunes..

It'll be fantastic with the IC.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The intercooler makes a noticeable difference. Especially on warm days. After getting the intercooler...the car feels like it bogs less. Power feels more consistent.