GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door speakers

petro1head

Car(s)
golf gt
What size is the door speakers on a std system, 2020 model.

I assume the door speakers are just bass units as there is a separate tweeter in the A pillar?

What have people replaced their door speakers with?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The door speakers seem to be full range. It's possible they have low pass filter (maybe) but I don't think so. Certainly they're handling everything through upper mids. The tweeters do have a high pass filter, not sure the frequency. Door speakers are 6.5" and riveted in. There is decent space in the door/doorcard but you'll need some speaker rings.

There's a long and very good thread about replacing stock speakers. Give it a search but I'll try to find the link and post it.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Bass/mid in the door & the tweeter has a capacitor on it to filter out the lower frequencies...

Loads of stuff which is direct fit..or kits..of go full blown car audio geek/sound off.....just how much £££ have you??...

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

nonoabby123

Car(s)
Golf Sportwagen
Definitely a full range signal out of each channel. My dsp's input analyzer is showing these results, the rears look to actually put out a flatter signal.
My car is 2017 golf sportwagen 4motion. (MIB2)
MIB2 FL.png
MIB2 FR.png
MIB2 RL.png
MIB2 RR.png

petro1head

Car(s)
golf gt
Thanks for the replies so far.

Personally I don't think those Pioneer speakers are correct for my application. They are full range and will pull down the sound stage. Components or a mid bass speaker to replace the door speaker would ge a better solution

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
I briefly worked for B&W and I won't lie to you, I thought many a time of trying to convince the automotive guys to get me parts with my staff discount to replace even my Dynaudio speakers with their in-car speakers. (Yes, I'm sure there are myriad reasons why this would never have worked - I'm just messing around really.)

Never did get around to trying before I left...