GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogbone Insert Setups

jimboski10

Ready to race!
I have the 034 upper and lower dogbone insert on my 2015 GTI DSG (have the APR stage 1 tune and DSG tune). It does what it is supposed to but I get pretty heavy vibration when idle from a stop to 1-2 mph (think when starting to move after a stop light)...then it goes away. Beyond that....it works well (just sounds more like a louder exhaust with minimal NVH)...but the coming off a stop phenomena is a bit annoying (I have tried kicking idle up 50 and adjusting hill start/stop...to no avail).

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this set up, and the BFI stage 1 engine mount kit (insert, trans and engine mount).

Before I go spending the $ to go this route..curious about how it might compare NVH wise to what I am experiencing now? (This is my daily driver)

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have the 034 upper and lower dogbone insert on my 2015 GTI DSG (have the APR stage 1 tune and DSG tune). It does what it is supposed to but I get pretty heavy vibration when idle from a stop to 1-2 mph (think when starting to move after a stop light)...then it goes away. Beyond that....it works well (just sounds more like a louder exhaust with minimal NVH)...but the coming off a stop phenomena is a bit annoying (I have tried kicking idle up 50 and adjusting hill start/stop...to no avail).

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this set up, and the BFI stage 1 engine mount kit (insert, trans and engine mount).

Before I go spending the $ to go this route..curious about how it might compare NVH wise to what I am experiencing now? (This is my daily driver)

Thanks in advance.

Use OBD11 or VCDS to do a DSG adaptation. Cost $0 and a few mins of time.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Thanks in advance.

I have the 034 lower. It made noise when it was first installed but went away after about 1k miles.