GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

Shaggz

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, so I'm having an odd issue. When ever I'm in reverse or 1st gear and I have to modulate the clutch, think slow stop n go traffic going forward but never leaving first, the shifter gets stuck or is hard to get out of gear. I'm momentarily stuck in gear and have to sort of pump the clutch and then I can get out of gear.

Now I thought could be my shifter alignment and the Boomba Racing Short Shift Adapter. I removed the short shifter adapter and did another shifter alignment. While shifting is smooth I still had an instance when I got stuck in gear. Now it seems like it's happening less often as the clutch has broken in or it's not as stuck as it was when I first got the clutch. I'm just wondering if anyone is having this issue or does anyone have an idea of what could this be...is my shift alignment still off?

I have about 1400 miles on the clutch.

Also, at the same time of the clutch install I added the ECS Bleeder Block, OEM Metal Shifter Bracket, Torque Solutions Bracket Bushing and the ECS Stainless Steel Clutch line (left the swirl valve in). Not sure if any of those can be a cause.
What transmission fluid did you use? Thicker motul?

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
What? You didn't do the trans fluid? May want to look into that. I did Mobil 1

I didn't do the install myself, took it to someone. My understanding is that it's not necessary to change the transmission fluid when doing a clutch. I'm not sure how many people on here did or did not so maybe they can chime in.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I didn't do the install myself, took it to someone. My understanding is that it's not necessary to change the transmission fluid when doing a clutch. I'm not sure how many people on here did or did not so maybe they can chime in.

You need to drain the fluid to complete the install, so normally it’s changed rather than re used. Both mk7 I’ve done the fluid definitely could use changing anyway. Dark color indicating that of course, but also missed by most people is that VWs “lifetime” claim is actually 60k, it the term of the powertrain warranty for manual transmission drain interval.

Also, aftermarket fluid (I used Motul) can be stiffer shifting when cold, but much better once up to normal operational temps

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Sad news today... Will have to wait another month. [emoji22]

Before I begin, Id like to thank you for your order and continued patience on the DKM situation – DKM has run into production issues due to the MASSIVE amounts of orders from folks like you for their clutch kits! While good, this growing pain can hurt [emoji852] They recently purchased additional machines to crank out MORE clutches and we personally have 22 clutches on backorder with them (yours included) out of those 22, 6 will be to us early May and will ship to the EARLIEST orders – the rest will arrive to us LATE May and will ship out as quickly as we can get them out – we are pressing them daily to stay on top of OUR customers over others and increasing the size of our order weekly to ensure that we get all of your clutch orders as quickly as possible… IF you would like to switch to another clutch such as BFI or South Bend, let me know and we can get you fixed up – due to the overwhelming popularity of the DKM clutch and great feedback from our customers so far, I would honestly wait as it isn’t much longer now.

Thank you for understanding, and thank you for your order with BMP Tuning.
YOUR order is a part of the rest of the clutches that will be arriving late May, Ill do my best to get these out to you as quickly as I possibly can.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Sad news today... Will have to wait another month. [emoji22]

Before I begin, Id like to thank you for your order and continued patience on the DKM situation – DKM has run into production issues due to the MASSIVE amounts of orders from folks like you for their clutch kits! While good, this growing pain can hurt [emoji852] They recently purchased additional machines to crank out MORE clutches and we personally have 22 clutches on backorder with them (yours included) out of those 22, 6 will be to us early May and will ship to the EARLIEST orders – the rest will arrive to us LATE May and will ship out as quickly as we can get them out – we are pressing them daily to stay on top of OUR customers over others and increasing the size of our order weekly to ensure that we get all of your clutch orders as quickly as possible… IF you would like to switch to another clutch such as BFI or South Bend, let me know and we can get you fixed up – due to the overwhelming popularity of the DKM clutch and great feedback from our customers so far, I would honestly wait as it isn’t much longer now.

Thank you for understanding, and thank you for your order with BMP Tuning.
YOUR order is a part of the rest of the clutches that will be arriving late May, Ill do my best to get these out to you as quickly as I possibly can.

I just got the same email from them and replied back to try and figure out where I'm at in the wait list. I didn't order until end of march so I figure I'm towards the end of the list. From this thread and the other on vortex, I'm going to wait it out and not switch my order to BFI/SB clutch. in the end I think it'll be worth it.

GoGoMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
I just got the same email from them and replied back to try and figure out where I'm at in the wait list. I didn't order until end of march so I figure I'm towards the end of the list. From this thread and the other on vortex, I'm going to wait it out and not switch my order to BFI/SB clutch. in the end I think it'll be worth it.

I got mine late March from BMP too. Getting it early May.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
I'm keeping my order too. The wait is killing me though. Amazon prime has made me too impatient. Lol.

I ordered 3/30.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
I'm keeping my order too. The wait is killing me though. Amazon prime has made me too impatient. Lol.

I ordered 3/30.

I must be right in front of you then because I placed my order 3/28. No kidding on amazon prime that's the truth. I hate paying for shipping and expect it at my door in a few days.

She did write me back already.. "Your order comes in after the 6 we are getting – so ETA is currently END of May for the majority of our order to arrive…

Its super crappy because they told us “without a doubt” they could get me all of my order by beginning of May, then get the hammer 2 days later that they cannot -_- which is of course, after Ive told customers we are getting them sooner."

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
You need to drain the fluid to complete the install, so normally it’s changed rather than re used. Both mk7 I’ve done the fluid definitely could use changing anyway. Dark color indicating that of course, but also missed by most people is that VWs “lifetime” claim is actually 60k, it the term of the powertrain warranty for manual transmission drain interval.

Also, aftermarket fluid (I used Motul) can be stiffer shifting when cold, but much better once up to normal operational temps

Fluid doesn't need to be drained to drop the trans out. I only had maybe a few drops come out when I did mine. :confused:

Last edited: